The Warmth of your Smile || Ushijima Wakatoshi ☁️💫

A/n: Hair color = ( h/c ) :3

As the afternoon sun blazed through the classroom windows, Ushijima started to feel a little agitated from the glaring light.

He turned his head to the right to see the girl next to him, Y/n L/n. Y/n knew what was up so to distract him, she did a silly face.

"...Y/n what are you doing?" Ushijima asks as he deadpans. Y/n giggles as she flicks his forehead gently, "just trying to cheer you up dummy."

Her gentle, playful voice was music to his ears, the little things about this girl made Ushijima crazy about her.

Ushijima hummed as he looked back at the whiteboard in front of him. Y/n puffed her cheeks as she lied on her desk, listening to the teacher once more.

"Cute..." he thinks to himself as he side-eyes the girl, so he wouldn't get caught. His cheeks tinted a rosy pink color as he studied the pretty girl next to him.

Something about her is just so endearing but he can't put his finger on what it is.

Now, that day was just a mere memory to Ushijima. For some reason he can't forget about the girl who could easily bring a smile to his face and the girl that could make him forget about everything else around him except her.

The two, now on their seperate ways in life, never crossed roads. To Y/n, Ushijima was also someone quite unforgettable. The stoic looking, hardworking ( in volleyball ) and handsome boy was someone she sat next to in highschool. Always someone that was so serious, she can't miss the opportunity to mess with him!

It's so weird... they don't know each other too well but they are just so hard to miss and unforgettable it's astonishing to the two.

On the fateful day the two met again for the first time in years, it was a summer day, filled with sunshine and heat. Gosh, the sun is merciless.

Ushijima was walking at the side-walk looking around for somewhere to eat and suddenly a figure just caught his eye for some reason. It was so strange. The stranger felt somewhat familiar to him.

As the figure was slowly approaching him, he couldn't help but to feel a familiar stirring in his stomach. What was it? His hunger? No. That isn't it... could he be nervous?

He stopped dead at his tracks and watched as the figure walked passed him. "Wait!" He called out as he ran towards the person. Something's up but he can't tell what.

The girl turns around as the familiar ( h/c ) began to twirl against the quick breeze that was formed from her action. This felt a little déjà vu for Ushijima.

Y/n looked at the man as she sees him red in embarassment, she chuckles softly and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright? You seem really uneasy."

That voice... it can't be...

"Are you Y/n L/n?" Ushijima asks without hesitation. Y/n was a little stunned as she stared at him a little confused.

And then it clicked with her. That's Ushijima Wakatoshi! Her long time table mate and crush!

"Waka-chan! How have you been?!? It's been a million years I-" Y/n stopped herself as she realised how long it's been. God... she missed him.

Y/n smiled as she clasped onto Ushijima's hand gently. "I've missed you."

The warmth of the girl's smile was more than enough to make Ushijima's heart flutter all over again. Just like back then in highschool.

Ushijima nodded and smiled back, "I've missed you too." Ushijima regretted a lot of things. One of them being never telling Y/n his true feelings. So many times, he wished over and over again that he could go back in time just to say a few words of his love for her.

Now, his right hand is in her left and everything felt like it's starting over again.

As Y/n continues to talk, Ushijima felt the familiar feeling of everything else in sight, melting away except for her. The same voice from years ago still driving him as crazily as ever.

To Ushijima, Y/n felt like a sunny day. She never failed to be the light in his dark days and she never failed to bring a smile to his face.

"I'm not losing you a second time Waka-chan~"

Y/n leans on his shoulder and smiles as the two start a new beginning together.

It's starting over.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: AHHHH!!!! I kinda liked this one! HAHAHAHA

But anyways i hoped you guys liked it too! Remember to stay safe a drink plenty of water!

Wear your mask too okay? Stay safe and remember to ✨ disinfect ✨ or Sakusa will be coming to attack!

I love all of you guys and again, thanks for reading!