You mean a lot to me || Kageyama Tobio ( pt 1 ) ☁️💫

Y/n blushed at the thought of Kageyama. Sure, they've been friends for forever now but now things feel a little different with him. Y/n couldn't help but to feel more jittery around the man. More nervous and more cautious of what she said or did. She didn't know why at all. Maybe... just maybe... she had the tiniest crush on him.

Just maybe

Y/n has known him ever since they were wee little lads and it all started with a game of tag. Then from there, a beautiful friendship had blossomed. As the years go by, Y/n started to feel this little something in her heart but she couldn't put her finger on it. It was the constant feeling of her heart threatening to pound out of her chest when Kageyama looked at her. Or how her stomach could do a 180 when Kageyama did something eyecatching.

Or it could be something as simple as a "see you later" and Y/n would literally feel like she was about to die.

Y/n googled over and over, "is it normal to feel nervous talking to your best friend" or " why does my heartbeat like crazy around my bestfriend" but the answers she was looking for neved came around. So, she asked a good friend of hers, Maki ( iconic sister )

School just ended and the two were walking home together. "Maki-chan, let's say you have a best friend that is a guy. And you've known him for about, forever. All of a sudden you feel nervous around him and shy for no reason." Y/n asked worriedly. Maki giggled, "what do you like someone or something?"

And it suddenly hit Y/n, the thought of it never occurred to her. What if she DID like Kageyama. Was she just crazy enough to like him?

Y/n had known Kageyam since they were young. Their grandfathers were in the same volleyball team and the two stayed as good friends. Then whenever their grandfathers met up, Kageyama and Y/n would be forced to meet up. From there, they have been stuck together.

Back to the present, Y/n stuttered out, "I-I think I might like him." Maki squealed, "It's pretty obvious that you liked him but it's still super cute!" Y/n sweatdropped, "too blunt Maki, too blunt."

Maki followed up, "so what do you like about him? His looks? His athleticness?" Hmm, what did she like about him? Y/n opened her mouth, thinking about what to say and she said calmly, "I like that I can trust him with anything and that he has been next to me all this time."

Maki's eyes widened, "Wow Y/n, so deep. I didn't know you had it in you." "Hehe I know right." The two finally reached their destinations and bid their goodbyes. Y/n got home and changed, while changing her clothes she was thinking about the convo with Maki.

"what do you like about him?"

She had already answered the question yet there was something more that was missing. But she couldn't put her finger on it. Y/n shrugged, whatever, it wasn't important right now. What's more important than a love bug is sleep!

So Y/n rolled into her sheets and dozed off into dream land.

~ the next day ~

Y/n got up early because there was school. She showered, brushed her teeth and did all that jazz and ran out of the door. Why was she rushing? Because she was going to walk with Kageyama!

They met up at their usual spot and walked off together. "Morning Kageyama-kun." Y/n greeted. "Mmm, mornin' " Kageyama replies, rather groggily. Concerned, Y/n asked, " are you alright? You sound really tired."

Kageyama nods, "I'm fine, I was just thinking about volleyball."

Y/n chuckles, "when are you not thinking about volleyball Tobio-kun?"

Kageyama's mouth was left agape, he looked like he wanted to say something. Y/n cocked her head and stared at him, "what's up?" Kageyama quickly closed his mouth and shook his head, "it's nothing."

"Kageyama you're such a weirdo." Y/n states. "Boke, I was contemplating whether I should've told you or not." Kageyama says. Y/n grins, "tell me then~ you can't hide anything from me anyways."

Kageyama took in a deep breath, "fine, I've been thinking of something but it isn't anything important or whatever." For some reason, a blush grew on his cheeks. It was spreading like wildfire and his whole face was burning.

Y/n deadpans, "well if it isn't important then why are you blushing like crazy?"

"Boke! Y/n Boke! I'm not blushing!"

"Your face says otherwise Mr Tsundere~"

Kageyama mumbled, "so there is someone I like-" "WHAAAAAAAAA!" Y/n screeches. "WAIT YOU LIKE HUMANS WHAT!??!" Y/n screams in total shock, but to be honest, she was internally crying. He likes someone. Damn it she can't shoot her shot now.

Kageyama blushes harder than before, "yeah I like someone Boke and it isn't a volleyball." "Arara~ What is she like Tobio-kun? Is she pretty? Smart? What do you like about this girl?" Y/n questions.

Kageyama quickly changed the subject, "Ah uh Y/n, we reached school already. I'll see you later so we can walk home together?"

"Tobio don't change the subj-" And with that, he ran into school, yeeting away.

"What a weirdo" Y/n thought. But to be honest, she was quite curious about this girl he likes. She has known him since the womb. Why is he keeping secrets from her?

I guess she will find out after school

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: this story was quite long so i decided to split it into 2! Thanks so much for reading!!

As always stay safe and drink lots of water okay?

See you in the next chapter!♡

Writer-chan out ✌😗✌