messing with the enemy // l.h.

Two rivals. One girl standing in the middle. Me. The younger sister of one of the best hokey players in town. My brother Michael is the team captain of our schools hokey team with an ego as big as Australia. His biggest rival is Luke Hemmings. The team captain of the hokey team from the school downtown.

For some reason Michael and Luke hate each other. They used to be friend when they were little but since they started going to different schools everything changed. They became the biggest rivals. Not only on the field but also in real life. If one of them won the game, the other had to get revenge. It was an endless back and forth.

Today was the final game of the season. Michael trained every day for this and he was determined to win. "I can't wait to wipe that annoying smug look of off that guys face today." Michael mumbled as we arrived at the stadium. "Don't be mean Michael." I said, rolling my eyes. "I'm not mean." He defended himself, "But I'm still gonna kick his ass."

"Yeah right. We'll see." I winked and playfully hit Michael's shoulder. "Shut up. I'm gonna win." He hissed and parked the car in the already crowded parking lot. Silently we made out way inside the arena and met the other players. Immediately I noticed Luke in the back of the room, leaning against the wall, talking to one of his team mates. I bit my lip and watched him from the corner of my eye. He was looking extremely handsome in his shorts and red-white jersey and his hair tousled in every direction. While I was talking to Ashton, one of Michael's team mates, my eyes always wandered back to Luke. I watched his soft lips and imagined them connecting with my own, his strong, arms pressing me against his muscular body and his long fingers touching every inch of me.

I got torn out of my inappropriate thoughts when I noticed that Luke built up eye contact with me. A smirk appeared on his face and he shot me a wink before he turned back to the conversation with his team mate.

Oh shit did he just caught me drooling over him? Great. Just great.

I fancied him since I was about eleven years old. He was hanging out daily with Michael and he always wanted to play with me as well but Michael never let him. Now Luke was flirting with every time he saw me. I wasn't sure if he's doing it to piss off Michael or because he actually likes me.

"Hey (Y/N)? (Y/N) are you even listening to me?" Michael asked and snapped his fingers in front of my face. "What? No sorry. What is it?" I asked absentmindedly. "We have to go to the changing rooms. Go to you seat." Michael instructed and glanced over to Luke. "Sure. Have fun and be save okay?" I demanded. Before Michael could answer a familiar dark voice interrupted him. "Don't worry (Y/N) he'll be okay." I swirled around and saw Luke walking towards us with a big smile on his face. "I hope you'll cheer for the right team." Luke said and turned his focus to me. "She will cheer for the winner team. Which is mine. Now piss off." Michael snapped, shoving me behind him. Luke glanced at Michael for a second before he turned back to me, "See you later babe." He winked and took leave. "Fucking asshole." Michael mumbled. "Now go inside okay. I see you after the game." I nodded and gave Michael a brief hug before I made my way inside to find my seat.

Like always I had the best view. I was seated in the vip area in the front row, along with other team mates friends and girlfriends. When the game started I was already on the edge of my seat. Ever since the game started, Michael and Luke shoved each other around, both of them wanted nothing more than to win this game and if that meant they had the chance to hurt each other it was certainly a bonus.

The game was almost over. Only two more minutes to play. The score was 2-2 . Both, Michael and Luke shot one goal each.

One more minute. Michael's team had the puck, they ran towards the goal but then Luke came from behind and stole the puck from Michael's team. Quickly he outran everyone. He raised his arms to hit the puck. He lounged out. Goal. A shrieking sound vibrated through the hall and the game was over.