sea of candles // l.h.

Request: could you do a smut where me and luke are at our apartment and there's a big thunderstorm outside + a blackout and I'm kinda scared and later we end up with a soft sex? thank you :) xoxo

***

I've never been a fan of storms of any kind. Actually, they're probably on my top 3-list of fears. Especially when there's lightning strikes and thunder nearby. Whenever there's a storm, all I want to do is hide under some blankets and wait it all out.

Today, it's been raining literally since the crack of dawn. The sky's been grey and the rain heavy. Luckily for me, I'm able to do all of my work at home by my laptop. My boyfriend on the other hand, wasn't that lucky. Luke had recieved a phone call from Ashton earlier today, saying that they needed to fix some things down at the studio, so that's where he'd been all day.

The clock now shows 5pm, and I'm starting to get a little hungry. I leave the bedroom where my desk and laptop is stationed and make my way into the kitchen where I open the fridge to see if we have something that doesn't take forever to cook. I find a box with some chicken we had last week, and decide to cook some rice. I've just put the water on the stove when the door opens.

"Luke?" I call out, and to my relief, his hello comes back to me. Noises come from the hall as he takes his jacket off, followed by his footsteps.

When he comes into the kitchen, I can honestly say that I'm shocked by what I see. Luke's wet hair is sticking to his forhead, and I can't imagine what his jacket looks like, because his sweater is soaked and sacky. His jeans are - if possible - even skinnier, and he looks cold. "Is it really that much rain?" I ask, looking him up and down.

Luke nods. "Yeah, Michael thinks the thunder isn't far off." He notices how I tense up a bit when he mentions the thunder, and smile reassuringly. "Don't worry," he says, walking over to me. "Nothing's going to happen."
He opens his arms to hug me, but I put up a hand on his wet chest. "I'd hug you, but you're wetter than a dog that just had a bath. Go change, and I'll make us both some dinner."
Luke nods. "Okay." Before he leaves, he leans in and pecks my lips quickly. I chuckle to myself as I turn back to the rice. As it cooks, I make the table. It looks really cosy, and when Luke comes back, dressed in sweatpants and a loose t-shirt, he smiles softly.

"You're the best," he says as he sits down on the opposite side of the table. He puts his arm on the table, palm upwards, and I put my hand in his, holding his fingers. "How was your day?" he asks after a moment of comfortable silence.

I shrug and take my hand away to help myself with the food. "Normal, I guess. The rain was surprisingly calming."
Luke chuckles. "You're adorable, you know that?" I'm just about to answer him when something flashes outside the kitchen window. A lightning bolt. I jump a little at the sudden light, and start counting the seconds between the lightning and the thunder. When it comes, it's not that strong, which is a little comforting. It still doesn't make me relax though.

"Y/N", let your shoulders down," Luke comments. He stands up from his chair and walks over to me. "It'll be over soon, ok? Just relax, nothing will happen." He's dead wrong.
The thunder keeps roaring above our heads as we eat, and I feel more and more jumpy by every strike. My apetite is gone, but I still manage to empty my plate. "I'm going to clean up, you done?" I ask a bit anxiously, tapping my fingers on the table.

"Yeah," Luke says and hands me his plate and his glass. I've just put them in the washing machine when the window lights up from a lightning strike and just two seconds later, the thunder comes and the lights go out.
I scream at the sudden darkness, and quickly grabs on to the counter where I stay put. "[Y/N]?" I feel a hand on my arm, and even though I know it's Luke, I jump. "Hey, calm down!" He pulls me into his arms. "It's just a blackout, okay? Nothing dangerous, and it'll be over soon."