house for sale // a.i.

I had lost count of how many apartments me and my best friend had looked at over the past few weeks. After years of just talking about it, we were finally moving in together.
We'd been working our asses off to find the right apartment, but that was easier said than done.

Today I was looking by myself, though. My friend had some errands she had to take care of, and since I knew what she was looking for, we both decided that I could look by myself today.
I got out of my car and walked with quick steps towards the building where I was meeting the realtor who were showing me around the apartment. When I entered I looked around the small room, which contained a stairway just to my right and a short distance forward was an elevator. I noticed a young man standing by a board that was hung up on the opposite wall, so I walked over to him.

"Excuse me," I said as I tapped him on the shoulder. "Are you the realtor? I'm [Y/N] [Y/LN], you're supposed to show me one of the apartments?"

The guy smiled, a dimple appearing on his cheek. "That'd be me, yes," he said, holding his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Ashton. I knew a girl with such a pretty name would have an even prettier face."
His flirtious statement made me blush, so I avoided his eyes as I shook his hand and cleared my throat. "Should we get to it?"
Ashton nodded. "Sounds like a terrific idea. The apartment I'm showing you is on the third floor, so you can decide whether you want to take the stairs or the elevator. Either one is fine by me.

"Elevator," I decided quickly. "I'm not really the stair kind." Ashton chuckled and followed closely behind me as we walked the short distance to the elevator. I felt his hand on my lower back, but I didn't pull away from his touch or comment on it. To be honest, it felt quite nice having his big hand gently pressing me forward.

When we got inside the elevator, Ashton pressed the button that would take us up to the third floor before leaning against the mirror dressed wall. "I'm guessing this isn't the first apartment you've looked at?" he said as he quickly eyed me up and down, causing me to fold my arms over my chest.

"No, it isn't. We've been looking at like a thousand places over the past few weeks," I sighed, leaning my head against the wall.
Ashton shifted visibly and scratched the back of his neck. "Are 'we' you and your boyfriend, maybe?"

I shook my head no, letting out a small laugh at the thought. "No, that's for the future. It's we as in me and my best friend, [Y/BFF/N], we've wanted to move in together since we were kids. And now we both have steady jobs to pay for the rent and we're too old to live with our parents."

Something I'd call relief shot across Ashton's eyes as he straightened. "Ah, I see. Well I'm sure this place will be just what you're looking for." He winked, but I didn't blush this time. Instead I let out an extremly girly giggle.
"Don't be too sure. We're very picky when it comes to this. It has to be perfect."
Ashton laughed, an adorable laugh that made his otherwise manly appearance at least 5 years younger. It was an attractive laugh, and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"You're a tough one, huh?" he said when he stopped laughing. He licked his dry lips, and the sight made my stomach twist. Was this seriously turning me on?
We got out of the elevator and I followed him to apartment 23.
Ashton unlocked the door and we went inside. The hall impressed me, more than the others had done.
While I was admiring the place, Ashton had taken his jacket off. "Should I take that for you?" he asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I shook my head. "Huh?"
Ashton laughed again. "Should I take your jacket?"

I smiled and began to slide my jacket off my shoulders as he went up behind me to help. I bit my lip as I felt his hands grab the shoulders and slide the jacket down my arms.
"I like your shirt," Ashton commented as he hung up my jacket. I really hoped that he felt the tension between us as much as I did, because it was driving me crazy. Why was I so turned on by him? He had just done some innocent flirting. But god, did I want him.