CHAPTER 34

Aarish's POV

Aarish's POV

"Kaaki, don't feed him anything for now, I've already done that. You just have to give him bath." I heard Mishka saying as I was busy in talking gibberish with Vyan who was showering extra love on me, kissing me here and there occasionally.

She must be going for work as she is wearing the same black shirt which she puts on for her job.

I saw her in my peripheral vision as she came close to me and leaned closer. My breath hitched as her faint sweet smell hit my nostrils. Taking the support of my biceps, she inclined forward and kissed Vyan on his cheeks.

Not me.

Obviously, what were you even expecting?

Calm down Aarish! Something like that isn't going to happening in near future.

"Be a good boy and don't trouble Kaaki and" her eyes flickered to me for a second before they drifted back to Vyan. "Dada"

She withdrew her hand back and straightened up.

"Why are you leaving so early beta?" Kaaki asked before taking a morsel of aloo paratha in her mouth.

"My workplace is away from here than it was from our home. So it'll take more time to reach there" the way she said our home did not settle well with me. I wanted to retort but I remained quiet. For now.

"Aarish" she called out for me.

"Hmm" I hummed in response.

"Is there any bus stop nearby?" she asked fiddling with the strap of her bag.

I shook my head. "No, the nearest one is approximately 2 km away. Actually it's a private property, so no one is allowed to enter in this area" I said.

Her face dropped as she looked down and up again. "No problem, I'll walk till there".

"No!" my voice raised high, as Vyan looked at me wide-eyed, flinching slightly at my tone. I gave him an assuring smile and he relaxed, getting back to tracing his finger on my chest, over the t-shirt.

I turned to Mishka and saw her giving me a look of confusion with frown over her forehead. "I mean, we have number of drivers, one of them will drop you" I suggested. "Or I am free right now, I will drop you." I saw Kaaki coming from the kitchen, most probably after washing hands as she was almost done with her breakfast.

Moving towards her, I gave her Vyan, whom she readily took. "Come" I motioned Mishka to follow me outside with my head and started taking steps to the main door but stopped when heard her denial.

"No" I turned around and saw her shaking her head. "I'll go by myself" she said walking in my direction.

"I'll drop you Mish-"