CHAPTER 20

"Maa, I'm going" I yelled, wearing my sandals

"Wait Mishu" she came hurriedly to me. "Open your mouth"

"Why?"

"For prasad, now open your mouth." I opened my mouth and she fed me prasad.

"Why aren't you ready yet, won't you get late?" I asked seeing her hair tangled up in towel.

"No, today is primary class' picnic and I haven't volunteered for it. So I just have to go and take my class' attendance. After that I'll come back home within an hour" she said.

"Okay then, I'll also try to come back today soon" I'll go to Aarish's house some other day. It's been quite a while, I spent a good time with Maa.

"What do you want me to make for lunch?" she asked.

"Whatever you want Maa" I shrugged.

"Ummm.... Aloo paratha with curd?"

"Okay, I'll have it" I said "Now bye Maa, I'm getting late" I kissed her cheek and started descending the stairs. After walking for few minutes, I reached the bus stop but... Aarish was not there. It's weird, he has never been late. I looked here and there, hoping to see his black Range Rover, but it was nowhere. I decided to wait and sat on the waiting chair. 'Maybe he is stuck in traffic' I thought.

Even after waiting for 20 minutes, he didn't come. Is he okay? Maybe he is busy in work.

Not wanting to get late, I looked once more for his car but didn't spot it and boarded the next bus. Traveling in the bus after a month or two really felt different. I must say, Aarish has spoilt  me. I couldn't stop the smile spreading on my face, thinking about him.

I sat on window seat and started looking out of the window, thinking about him and our moments together, throughout the journey.

After twenty minutes, I reached my college and got off the bus. I started heading to the entrance. But I noticed everyone giving me weird glances. "Yeah, he is her boyfriend" I heard someone saying. Are they talking about Aarish? But why would they?

I started looking for Aarish everywhere, in class, lab but he was nowhere. He's not even in college? Now I started getting worried. Is he okay?

Then I saw one of Aarish's friend, Pallavi Di (elder sister/girl)  standing with some girls. I approached her, I hope she knows where is he.

"Hi Pallavi Di" I said, making her turn towards me.

"Oh hi Mishka"

"Do you know where is Aarish?" I asked.

"Huh? Don't you know what happened today?" I'm now confused. What is she talking about?

"What?"

"Aarish got into a fight with Varun. He's beaten him black and blue, literally" she shuddered. I'm shocked, why did he beat him? Is it because of yesterday?