ch. 2

Mishka's POV

I was wandering in the corridor searching for my class not knowing where to go. It was very confusing and I was too shy too ask anyone. This is the only problem with me. It's very difficult for me to start conversation with anyone. I hope I find my class asap as I don't want to get late for the first day of my class.

"Hey sweetheart " came a voice and I halted at my step. I saw a guy coming towards me. He looks older than me. I think he's my senior. He came and stood right in front of me.

"Me?" I asked being confused. I don't think anybody knows me here and neither do I.

"Yes you sweetheart" he said giving me a creepy smile making me a bit uncomfortable.

"You new here?"he asked.

I nodded.

"What's your name?"

"Mishka" I replied in a low voice.

"Mishka" he repeated while nodding his head slightly. "A very pretty name for a very pretty girl. I like it" he said making me blush.
"I am Varun, an intern in this Institute"

"Oh" I replied. Very senior to me.

"You should be in the auditorium by now. Our college's director will be addressing freshers. Do you know where auditorium is?"he asked

"No" I shook my head.

"Come I'll drop you there"he said putting his hand on my waist causing me to flinch back at the contact.

"Ok ok I'll not touch you, don't get scared. Come or you'll be late" he said pointing towards his watch.

I nodded and went along with him. Auditorium was not far away. We reached within two minutes.

"Here we are " he opened the door for me.

" Thank you" I said with a slight smile. He helped me otherwise I would have been late.

"No problem babe. See you next time" Varun said eyeing me up and down. I cringed inwardly at the endearment. His gazing making me feel a bit uneasy.

"Bye" I said with a slight nod and headed inside the auditorium wanting to go away from him. I feel a bad vibe coming from him. I don't know if it's intuition or something else but I don't like him. I'll try to avoid any future confrontation with him.

~~~~~

After the class was over, I went to the cafeteria as I was feeling very hungry after the hectic schedule. I bought a plain sandwich, the only thing which I could afford among the things displayed on the counter.

After paying for the sandwich I took a seat at the corner of the cafeteria. Suddenly I heard someone calling my name. A tall girl with short hair was standing beside my table. She was so beautiful. She was dressed up in a tight fitting jeans and a cute minions sleeveless top.

"Hey Mishka" she said taking a seat in front of me.

"Hi" I replied shyly."How do you know my name?" I asked.

"Heard your name during attendance time "she replied with a shrug.

"Oh" I replied nodding my head."What is your name?"

"Purvi . I'm in your class. So, how was your first day?" Purvi asked me.

"Umm... It was ok. Teachers are nice."

"Yeah teachers are not that bad" she murmured taking a bite of her food. "So, why were you sitting alone? Haven't you made any friends yet?"

"No, I don't think anybody would like to be my friend " I replied sadly gazing at my fingers on my lap.

" And why do you think like that " Purvi asked narrowing her gaze at me.

"Umm... Maybe I don't match up to their standards"

"Who gives a fuck to the standards. Don't think nonsense and let's be friends" she said using that bad word making me gasp and wide eyed. How can someone bluntly utter that 'f' word! Oh god.

"Shhh.... Don't speak that word" I whispered.

"What word?"confusion written all over her face.

"That bad word"

"What bad word Mishka? Can you speak clearly? " Argh.. Why can't she understand.

"Offo that 'F' word" I said coming closer to her so no one can hear us.

She was confused for a moment, then realization hit her. Thank God! But suddenly she started laughing out loud. Many students started looking in our direction making me squirm in my seat. Purvi was still laughing uncontrollably holding her stomach. Oh God please stop her.

"Oh my God Mishka, you are something. " finally she stopped from her laughing marathon, wiping tear from her left eye.

"What do you mean?" I asked not understanding her statement.

"Ok tell me one thing " I nodded.
Have you ever spoken any bad word till now?" she asked

"Yes, when I was in 8th class, a boy stole my pen. I said him that he is an idiot. Then I told this to my mother, she scolded me a bit but then made me promise that I'll never speak any bad word again.If I will, then I'll be a bad girl and she will never talk to me. So, since then I have never used any such word and I also suggest you to not to speak those words."I said smiling.

There was a stunned expression on Purvi's face. Have I said something wrong?

"Are you kidding me?"she asked me.

"Huh?"

"Your mother scolded you because you called someone an IDIOT?" she asked emphasizing on the word idiot with her mouth open as if she can't believe me.

"Yes. Why, what happened?"

"Oh my naive naive Mishka" she said shaking her head as if she was disappointed in me. "You are so damn innocent"

"Have I said something wrong?" I asked. Was I being naive? But I don't think we should speak bad word right?

"No no, just leave it. Anyways, I asked you would you like to be my friend?" she asked forwarding her hand for a shake.

"Yes of course" I shook hand with her with a big smile on my face. I'm so happy, I made a friend today. I never had any friend in my school life but now I have one. Yippee! I will tell Maa today, she'll be so happy. I studied in the same school in which Maa teaches so that's why I didn't find any need to make any friend as I had my maa with throughout my school time and also because no one approached me.