CHAPTER 40

Note: Past is in italics.

Author's POV

Author's POV

"Sir, we are here." The driver informed and his eyes snapped open as he lifted his head off the headrest and gazed at the entrance of the high rise building through his eyes, hidden behind the shades.

Before driver could come to open the door for him, he held the handle and swung it open after pulling it and stepped down. He let his eyes wander to the tall building in front of him, where he came after a year or two while the driver jogged to the rear side of the car to take his luggage out of the boot.

"Sir, shall we?" The man, in mid-thirties with a casual clothes on and a formal smile plastered on, gestured to take a step ahead, taking hold of the handle of trolley in one hand while the other carried his duffle bag.

"You're my new driver?" Aarish asked, as he studied him.

"Yes, sir." The other man replied positively, nodding his head, still carrying on that smile.

He nodded slowly and gave him a glance before pulling out his wallet from his jeans and digged out a note of Rs. 500 and passed it to him. The other one looked down at the note with furrowed brows.

"You don't have to come from tomorrow. I drive by myself." He explained to the confused man and shoved the note in his hand who had an astonished look on his face when his mind absorbed his now ex-boss' words.

"B-But sir, I was assigned for this job just two days ago." He stuttered as his face looked troubled.

"So?" Aarish said ignoring the distressed look on his face and had a squiz at his watch.

"Please don't fire me, sir. I need this job." He pleaded which had him sigh in exasperation. Why his dad always hire a driver for him when he knows he doesn't like to have one?!

Because he drives recklessly?

Maybe he used to. But now he doesn't.

He scrutinized the man in front of him through his narrowed eyes who looked up at him plaintively at the fear of losing his newly alloted job. He couldn't ignore that look and gave in, exhaling heavily.