CHAPTER 4

Mishka's POV

Mishka's POV

"What's happening here?"I looked up and saw a guy standing beside that girl. Tears were blurring my vision so I couldn't see his face properly. I tried controlling my tears and hastily wiped them up.

My eyes met with a black one. He was glaring at me. Standing there was a man, tall, muscular and very handsome. I think he is the handsomest guy I've ever seen in my life till now. Not that I check out everyone but he was so different. His body was clad up in a black shirt and jeans. That shirt was hugging his well-built body perfectly. His gaze was intimidating yet giving me an unknown warmth. I don't know why but a sense of relief took over me in his presence. I hope he doesn't bully me like everyone else present here. Thought of again being bullied created panic within me and tears brimmed my eyes. Suddenly lowering my gaze, I began collecting my stuffs which were spilt on the floor. All other people who were making my fun got back to what they were doing.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here?"that girl asked him in her high pitched voice. I gathered all my stuff and stood up but still didn't had enough courage to look up at them.

Purvi came beside me and wiped my tears. I smiled a little at her, she seems to be so caring. I already love her.

"I asked what's happening here Anaya?" he asked in his deep voice, staring hard at her. That Anaya girl uncomfortably shifted on her feet. She seemed to be nervous.

"Nothing baby, we were just having some fun" she just shrugged.

"By bullying someone? Are you a kid Anaya? Grow up ." he said with an expression of disgust.

"Ok I understand. Now let's go somewhere and have some good time." she said in a sultry voice winking at him holding his biceps.

They started leaving but instantly I remembered something. "Wait" I said in a low voice.

They both turned around. Anaya raised her one perfect eyebrow at me.

"Umm... M-my K-krishna " I said stuttering. I have to take it back.

" What?" she was totally confused.

"That" I pointed towards the idol in her hand.

"Oh this. No I won't give it to you" she said with a smug look on her face.

"Please give it back" tears again started streaming down my cheeks. I tried controlling myself to not to cry in front of them but I'm failing again and again.

"No dance, no idol." she said giving me a fake tight smile. She was going to throw it in the dustbin. Oh no no please. A sob left my mouth.

Suddenly someone held her hand from throwing it. He was the same man.

"Give it back to her"he said sternly.

"Oh come on Aar-"

"I said give it back" he nearly shouted making me shiver. She nodded and came towards me.

She took my hand in a tight grip. I whimpered at the contact. It was hurting and most probably will leave bruise on my hand. She kept the idol in my palm and turned to leave but not before giving me a hard glare. Nonetheless I got my Krishna back. I am happy. I kissed the idol and kept it safely in my bag. I should thank him. But as I looked up, he was nowhere. Only I and Purvi were standing near the exit. He must have gone with her.

"Are you okay Mishka?" Purvi asked,concern written all over her face.

"Yes I'm okay" I said although I was not. I was having a very bad headache from all the crying. I just want to go home and sleep.

"That bitch, I want to smack her head to a wall very badly." giggle escaped my mouth. She was looking so cute and funny fuming in anger. She looked at me, stunned by my reaction. "I want to kill that fat ass and here you are laughing" she narrowed her eyes at me.

"It's just that you are looking too cute"

"Whatever, now come on let's go to the washroom and get you cleaned up." I nodded and we headed towards the washroom.

~~~~~

After the class got over, Purvi offered to drop me at my place. But I kindly refused her as I don't want to be a burden on her.

Now I'm with my mom on our bed after having dinner. I didn't tell her about today, if she knows she will be tensed and I don't want to stress her more than already she is. She asked if I was fine or something happened at the college, I denied and told her that I was tired.

My first day was not something I expected. I've never been bullied to this extent ever till now though I've been taunted and teased for not having a father and I have always overcame it after crying in the school's washroom. But today it was the worst. It could have been worse if that person wouldn't have come. His face was now totally embedded in my mind. His deep black eyes, perfect thick eyebrows, straight nose, fine thin lips. Everything. My face heated at the thought of him. I've never ever thought about any man, not even a bit. It's a new feeling for me which is undescribable for now. This is scary yet desirable and too stubborn to get out of my head. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but soon came that face and a smile unknowingly formed on my lips. Soon sleep engulfed me.

~~~~~