CHAPTER 24

Author's POV

Author's POV

"Purvi?" Mishka was shocked to see Purvi after a very long time. She couldn't believe it's Purvi, her friend standing in front of her.

"Mishka?" Purvi was looking at her wide-eyed with mouth agape. "Is it really you Mishka?" she asked blinking her eyes at her.

Mishka nodded eagerly. How much she missed her! How much she wished to see her friend once.

A single tear slid from Mishka's eyes, followed by another one, and another one until a steady stream of tears flowed down her pale cheeks.

Finally, there is someone, someone who knows her, someone who is close to her, someone who will believe her.

Purvi instantly came forward and hugged her, letting out a sigh of relief. "Finally!" They stayed like that for some minutes when Purvi felt someone squirming in Mishka's arm.

She pulled back and saw a baby in Mishka's arm. "Whose baby is this?" she asked confused.

Mishka looked at Vyan, whose attention was still on the tablets and was trying his best to reach out to them. She smiled through her tears and looked at Purvi. She shrugged her shoulders and tilted head towards Vyan.

Purvi wasn't able to understand what she was saying. From what she remembers Mishka didn't have a brother. She looked at the baby and then at Mishka, there was no resemblance in between them except their hair color. On carefully observing her, Purvi noticed that there was quite change in her body from what she remembers. There was a feeder in her hand too. She was looking different. She was looking like a...... Mother?
She chuckled internally at her stupid thoughts. How is it even possible?

"Maamaa... " the baby in Mishka's arms spoke pointing to something making Purvi shell-shocked. Did she hear it correct? She thought.

"Maa..." she couldn't believe what she just heard right now.

"I-It's y-yours?" she said pointing to Vyan. Mishka nodded and took his hand and waved at her.

"Say hi to Maasi (Aunt)"

"Oh my God! OH MY GOODNESS!" Purvi gasped and clasped hands around her mouth. "You are a mother?" she again asked, finding it difficult to believe.

"Yes" Mishka whispered, still tears flowing down her eyes.

"What the hell?" Purvi muttered under her breath.

"Bhaiyya, give me the napkins and take this" she handed him the money and took sanitary pads from him. "You can keep the change" with that, she held Mishka's wrist and dragged her to the car. She opened the gate for her and helped her to get seated in the back seat. She too got seated.

She didn't speak for a while and looked straight. Mishka was looking at her, waiting for her reaction. Purvi turned towards her and started speaking.

"Tell me everything now. Where were you? Why you left the college? What are you doing doing in Delhi? And most importantly, How come this baby is yours?" Purvi asked in one go.