CHAPTER 37

Author's POV

Author's POV

His feet carried him to the darkened room, dimly lited by the table lamp, casting an orange hue on the walls.

He shut the door behind him with a soft thud and let his hands rest on the door panel as his thudding organ against his chest was granted some moment to relax.

Trudging to the bed, he perched on the end of the mattress and planted his elbows on his thighs and stared at the void. He gulped, trying to swallow the continuous lump looming in his throat. His eyes riveted to the same blue coloured album, placed in the lower shelf of the nightstand.

He settled on the floor and dubiously pulled it to himself and placed it on the floor, in front of him, after examining it. Acute anxiety and severe longing filled his chest as he thought of confronting what was inside, the albums an oppressive weight. Dread filled his chest at the thought of running into the memories, memories he wasn't sure he was ready to face.

It took him moments to gather some courage as he struggled to open it and see what it held for him.

Opening it, the first thing he saw was  his son's name written on the blank white sheet with glittery stars debossed in the background.

Vyan.

He traced the word with pad of his thumb with delicacy.

His lips threatened to pull up but he couldn't let them slip into a smile. The woe in him didn't allow it to happen.

Gripping the end of the the thick lustrous sheet in the pinch of his fingers, he flipped it over, which had his eyes coated with sheen layer of moisture.

It comprised his birth announcement.

Born 14th April 2020 at 3:12 p.m.

2.78 kg

Heart-expanding.

Heart-breaking.

Tears stung his eyes as he blew out a shaky breath.