CHAPTER 30

This chapter is dedicated to Mishka and Purvi 👭

Author's POV

"How is he?" the first thing that Purvi asked coming in front of Mishka, startling her. She was panting for air as if she has been running all the way coming here.

"He is okay" Mishka replied.

"I wanna meet him"  and she entered in a room but stopped when saw a little girl on the bed.

"Vyan is a boy, right?" she asked turning around to face Mishka with a confused look.

"Oh god, Purvi" she pulled her out of the room and shut the door behind. "She is not Vyan" Mishka hit her forehead lightly. "and this is not the correct room"

"Ohh, sorry. Now tell me where is my cutie pie?" she asked bouncing on her toes in impatience.

"Come with me" Mishka held her hand and led her to the room. On reaching there, they saw Kaaki talking something to Vyan.

Purvi saw Vyan on the bed and her heart saddened seeing her cutie pie like that. She approached him stood beside the bed. Kaaki looked up and smiled seeing Purvi there.

"Purvi beta"

Purvi shifted her gaze and saw Kaaki sitting on a chair and smiling at her. She returned it. "Namaste (hello) Kaaki" she greeted her and the old lady returned the gesture with a nod.

"Is he okay?" she asked Mishka who was now standing beside her.

"Don't worry Purvi, he is okay?" Mishka replied rubbing her arms seeing her friend's worried expression.

"Vyan baby" Purvi spoke softly and moved closer to him. Mishka came forward and held his face gently and slowly, turning it towards Purvi. "What you did just now?" Purvi asked confused by her action. He was lying limp on the bed with only his eyelids moving.

"His whole body is paralyzed" Purvi took a sharp breath on hearing it. "But it's temporary, doctor said in few days he will be back to normal and I'm counting each and every day for it to happen" Mishka smiled sadly, caressing Vyan's hair.

"But how did it happen? He was totally fine when I came to meet you last time" Purvi asked scowling.

"My negligence" Mishka murmured.

"Huh?" Purvi couldn't hear what she said. Mishka shook her head and looked down at Vyan.

"Shona(love), see your Maasi(Aunt) has come to meet you" Mishka spoke pointing to Purvi. He looked at Purvi through droopy eyes.

Purvi instantly came closer to him and beamed up. "My cutie pie" she cooed him and blew a kiss as she was scared to kiss him directly anywhere on his face due to the nasogastric  tube attached to his nose. She was about to touch his hands but retreated it back as if it will hurt him.