CHAPTER 8

Author's POV

Author's POV

Aarish dragged Mishka to his car. He was breathing heavily in anger while Mishka was standing beside his car with her head bowed down and sniffing. He was seething in anger, he shouldn't have left that bastard with just one punch, he deserves much more than that but more than that he wanted to get Mishka away from Varun. How dare he cross limits with her. He can tolerate anything but somebody's lustful gaze on her. In frustration he slammed his fist on the car making Mishka jump.

His gaze then landed on her petite shivering form, crying silently. "Why were you with Varun?" he asked slowly in deep voice. She kept quiet, still crying and wiping tears with back of her hands. "Answer me dammit" he roared making her cower in fear instantly making him regret his action.

"H-He asked m-me to dance." she stuttered clutching side of her dress tightly. She was scared of his behavior and was not able to look him in the eyes.

"And you agreed. WOW!" he clapped his hand mocking her. "Do you know what he could've done to you? Huh" he said coming closer to her. "Do you?"  he shouted making her sob.

Seeing her in tears, his heart ached. He tried to calm himself down as it's wrong to shout at her after all it wasn't her fault at all. She didn't know Varun and his doings. Seeing her sobbing and trembling, he just wanted to console her by hugging her and saying sweet nothings but he restrained himself from doing anything which he's not good at. His mind has already gone haywire, thinking about this tiny girl present in front of him and today's incidence was like a fuel to the fire.

Sighing, he took her one hand in his. It was so small and soft in his big calloused one. But it fits like a  puzzle as if it is made to fit together. He chuckled mentally on such theory and cringed at the cheesy line.

She stilled at his action. Both of them felt something pass through them.

"Listen Mishka, Varun is not a good guy. His past is not so impressible with girls. So you should stay away from him. Okay?" he asked caressing his palm with his thumb and unknowingly it was calming her down.

She looked up at him through her teary eyes and nodded. She was wondering why is he always there whenever something bad happens to her, it's like he will be always there to help her. He is the only person around whom she felt safe except her mother.

"If he ever do something like that you have to do two things, first give him a tight slap or kick him where the sun don't shine and second, tell me, I'll handle him. Ok. Will you do that?" she giggled and it was like music to his ears. He was mesmerized to see her smiling at him. She looks much more beautiful while smiling. He vows in his mind to never make her cry.

"Tell me will you do that?" by the way he doubts if he will go against his warning if he is not interested in getting his bone in pieces. She nodded again still smiling shyly.

Unintentionally, his hand cupped his other hand cupped her cheek and wiped the tears. Her skin was so smooth just like a baby. Inspite of crying, she was looking like an angel. Her red nose and chubby cheeks were making her look so adorable.