19

'not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path'

.

Something of hers

"What in the friggin Fudge cake?" Ayat knocked her head on a hard chest. A paper fell to the ground like a feather.

"What's next? Holy guacamole?" Maaz's brown eyes beseeched her. She looked above her apprehending the over compensation for a little ram. "Curse right, or don't curse,"

"Or don't take advice from strangers," Ayat mocked him and removed his arms from her waist.

"I am sure. I am no stranger to you," His senses flocked upon his menacing insight. His furlong and patriarch sighting and fumbling upon her confused and nettled big black eyes.

"Don't mince my brain so early in the morning. You don't realize but it is a tedious chore to bear you everyday," She mentally assaulted her tardiness and bent down to pick up the paper. His eyes lazily darted over her back. From her neck till the base of her spine.

"You have gotten thin," He remarked. She smelled annoyance and waste of time, energy and speech ahead. But what's life without low efficiency.

"So you are my nutritionist now? Mind your own business Mr. Chairman, and here,"

She handed him the paper in her hands. "This is your job, handling the business that goes around the hospital, this is an application requesting an extra ward for the patients, please for the sake of your never ending ego and broodiness make it happen. Also don't reject the request because I made it, it is a mutual one,"

She passed him by and then turned around. The smugness prolonged its stay on his handsome face. She walked towards him.

"I see what you are doing? Mind it this time I won't take it easy,"

Like she ever did. Like she had ever not insulted his guts. Who's making the stats here?

"Feel free to do whatever, and if something fun comes up in that little plotting head of yours, feel free to knock on my door. I am always available," He smiled. It wasn't hard for him to yield on the sentence. She frowned and left the private floor.

Fun. No fun she was thinking of. Haya was on leave today. She had to attend a family function tonight. Mirha stuck around Ayat helping her with work. Pile of files, making patient files and making sure patients are doing well in the suffocated wards referring the need for a spare one. The clock now ticked 6 in the evening. The evening glow encompassed the busy surroundings of the hospital.

Ayat threw the surgery gloves in the dustbin and walked out of the OT. She sat on a seat closing her eyes for a bit. She had been standing for two hours straight, learning a surgery technique from her seniors.

"I have something for you," Mirha announced.

Ayat's eyes snapped open when Mirha put an invitation in her hands. "What's this?"

Don't let it be their wedding card. Not yet. Ayat mentally prayed.

"It's a party invitation. Maaz is inviting the whole hospital staff, a welcome to the new era for the hospital, after all our hospital is one of the best, and I am sure Maaz bhai would do anything to improve it,"

"Optimism's a bitch," Ayat tore the card already signing the answer to the poor invitation. She was sure that he'd reject the application anyways. Perhaps, not look at it twice. Mirha had noticed that Ayat had gotten desolate and distant after the distaste of the break up.