25

'Will I die as the hero or the villain?'

.

Burn the Fire with their Fire.

She had promulgated the chances of Maaz ordering a massacre as soon as he listened to the names, so she opted for the safer option and decided on waiting to tell him.

"What the fuck?" He didn't realize but he was holding the phone so tight that it could break, or he'd break it voluntarily. The information was a little hard to process. He had just finished another meeting with Hammad begging him to come back to America and he was frustrated.

"They did,"

"Tell me who and they won't see the light of day for the rest of their lives, they'll rot," His voice didn't even waver for a second, this was it, the moment he was waiting for all his life, and he finally knew he was right about his mother and as much as he hated Ayat being dragged into this, she was a big part of him and his family now and because of her all the dots were joined and concluded.

"Um... I think it's best if I tell you face to face," Her skittish voice made it clear she was not ready to tell him on phone. Not after listening to his lethal threats and the fear of him doing something rash.

"Tell me," His voice was persistent and he was boring holes in the wall in front of him, he couldn't wait to see the people who took away his childhood suffer.

"I..." Her voice was getting heavier and heavier. "Just come at my house, my parents are waiting for you as well,"

He wanted to tear through the walls and get to her house, but this was life, the traffic was crazy and it felt like everything was coming together and falling apart at the same time. As soon as Sara opened the door. Maaz's heart dropped three levels, it was the second time he'd seen after he found out about her being his aunt, and it was the second time he's had tears in his eyes.

"Come inside. I have tea and snacks, and..." Sara said hesitating.

"Ayat told me about it, but she didn't tell me who," He followed Sara to the living room where Ayat, both her brothers and her father were sitting.

"I told her to not talk to you since you're getting married anyways but she is so stubborn," Sara laughed. Ayat hadn't seen her mother this vulnerable, she had always been a strong and determined women, this is exactly where Ayat got her determinacy and her courage to speak her mind, but it were those times where all the family was in a fragile state. Despite Sara's attempt to lighten the mood, everyone had straight faces.

Maaz gladly took the place beside Ayat's brothers, he had a big presence and personality and for the first time Ayat was so fucking afraid of telling him that she felt like a quivering leaf. He waited for her to do something about it but she stuck their looking at him like a hawk.

"Drink water," Maaz ordered her. The audience beside them were surprised.

"Come on damn it, drink some water you are going to faint," Maaz got up and pour water from the jug and handed it to her. She took the water from trembling hands and put it at her lips, a little water spilled on the sides as she gulped it down, he sat on his knees in front of her at her at eye level and she just said what was making her so impeccably nervous.

"Don't do anything rash," 

Maaz sighed listening to her small voice. "I can't promise what I can't keep,"

"Please beta," Sara said, her eyes were wishing some assurance, and now that everyone was aware of his occupation they were a little concerned. A lot at that one.