12

'The evil is above all things, seductive'

.

Hell is just a Sauna

Vodka poured out from the wine decanter into a wine glass, three delicate glasses arranged in a wooden tray on a yacht in the bright and early sun, and splashing waters of Laguna Beach, California.

One man from the three around the table took a sip and moaned. "Fine drinks, it has been a while, cousin,"

"Only if you visit us more often here Daniel," Shahzain answered instead. Maaz frowned lightly before commenting.

"Who would take care of business in Lahore, if Daniel spends all the time with us here,"

Daniel sniffed putting the wine glass on the table. "Obviously, business is first priority," Danial agreed with Maaz.

"When you both bastards start vibing together, it screams you are cousins," Shahzain laughed. Maaz hinted a smile, while Daniel gave a full teeth smile, like a tiger before having his meal. Danial was Khawar's younger brother , Maaz found Khawar's brother Danial when he investigated him due to Khawar's attack on Ayat and his fathers murder. 

His father being mostly out of the picture he didn't have much of a relation with his paternal cousins, but Danial wasn't raised with his brother nor like him, on the contrary both brothers had spent lives in different worlds, Danial and Khawar's father Javed Chaudhry had always preferred his eldest Khawar over Danial making him more privileged than Danial. The brother's mother died when the were only young. Javed Chaudhry gave off Danial to his maternal aunt, who lived in Karachi and kept Khawar with him in Lahore.

Khawar was spoilt and rich, as their family legacy, Maaz thought he was a normal goon, with time to waste, turned out he had a good grip on Lahore and its surrounding territories. Khawar was a mob boss. After he had targeted Ayat, he became his prime suspect for his father's murder as well, but before that, he was on his hit list for even trying to hurt his bird. He'll skin him on sight when he finds him.

He did found Khawar, but to avenge him was beyond him for now,  Khawar's security and authority was thick all over and he couldn't penetrate his area with anything, so he had to grow, he worked in silence and soon Khawar's authority deteriorated after Maaz's terror grew and his influence around the place became more auspicious.

Khawar also got the point that Maaz was no joke anymore, he had more area, more men and more authorities and politicians in his bloody pockets, even his little brother was wrapped around Maaz's pinky. He didn't know his uncle's son had so much potential, potential to be more pathetic than he was. Although Farooq Chaudhry was a side kick, his son was the king of the crime world. Khawar had motives unknown to Maaz, that included him being dead, but first he'd take away all kinds of happiness in his life, for the crime of taking all his charge away from the city, and sitting on Khawar's throne. 

Each one of Lahore's mob bosses succumbed under the wrath and power of Maaz making him the richest and most unapproachable, and untouchable person alive. Even in US he sure lived in a respectable façade, but in truth he had the underworld in his grips.

Maaz was well versed in the tactics of the underworld, he knew that Khawar hiding could be him planning something big, and that could include Ayat, and he knew from last time just how much of a pain in the ass that man could be, so to avoid any more risks, he had appointed Danial the leader of the Lahore Mob, he trusted him like his brothers.