18

'You're my regret'

.

The vicious game of the former footballer

"Should we let them out?" Shahzain asked pacing around worriedly. It had been half an hour since they locked them inside. And only screams and dead silence were two extreme ends.

"No," Haya shrieked. "No, they should spend sometime together,"

"Do you hear the voices, it looks like a match of WWE, they will kill each other in there,"

"You are afraid of them killing each other or Maaz killing you?"

"I am afraid of nothing Ms. Haya,"

"Can you both stop fighting like a fucking married couple?" Danial mentioned putting his ear on the steel door, where they could hear distinct voices of threat, fear and major annoyance.

"We aren't a married couple," Haya said in defense. "And we are fighting because of them, they are fighting like a married couple,"

"They are fighting because they love each other, why are you both trying to mince my brain?"

Danial said. "It looks like things have calmed down and they have subsided the fight..."

His words went lost in his mouth when they heard a chair break inside the room. "Or not,"

.

.

.

"Danial open the door," Shahzain proposed after a while sitting on the step which led down to the attic.

"What? When did we decide that I'd open the door?"

"You are his cousin," Shahzain smiled victoriously.

"Stop shitting yourself, aren't you his best friend, and I am not the one boasting in front of a girl that you are afraid of nothing, we both know hamri kitni phatti ha Maaz ke gussay sa," (We both know we shit from Maaz's anger)

"Ahista bolo,"( Talk in a low voice) Shahzain muttered. "Pani lene gai hai, aur waisay bhi us chamgadar ke kaan bohat teez ha," (She only went to bring water and her ears aren't less sharp than a bat's)

"Tu us sa darta ha?" (Are you afraid of her?) Danial made a pitiful expression in the pretence of sarcasm.

"Are you mad? No,"

"Wait, isn't she your ideal, strong headed, someone who keeps you on the knees, I didn't know my bhabhi was so close to us," (Sister in law)

"Dani..."

"Kiski bhabhi?" Haya came sipping on the water. (Who's sister in law?)

"Wo meri bhabhi yani shahza..." (My sister in law, I mean Shahzain's...)

"Shahzian ki bhi bhabhi," (Shahzain's sister in law as well) Shahzain said. "Meaning, Ayat bhabhi," (Our sister in law, Ayat)

Haya nodded her head, as she sat back down. "Ye ayat ke samne na bolna ab, tum dono ko aik saath he zinda chaba jaye gi," (Now don't go around and say it infront of Ayat, she will eat you both alive)

"Waisay tum sari dostein aik jaisi he ho, churailon ki trha," (All of you friends are the same like a banshee) Shahzain muttered.

"Kia bolay ho?"(What did you just say?)Haya asked with furrowed brows.