26

'The satan kissed her eyes and asked for repentence'

.

There might be something else

"For the first time I believe that the venue is going to outshine the bride," Ayat cried looking at the picture of the arrangements. The wedding was in a few hours now.  It was a solo event, combination of the nikkah ceremony and the reception as an after party. They had decided on the event not being so extravagant. It didn't look like that promise was fulfilled.

Haya laughed nervously tossing the phone away from her and looking at the screen herself. If she had looked some more her mouth  would have opened in awe. She clicked her tongue in denial. "No you idiot, the venue isn't that great, look at it. What does it even have? Only some imported lotuses from Vietnam and that huge chandelier in the middle which could cost me cat lives to make money for and the tiles are so shiny that there is no need for mirror, see not gorgeous at all,"

"Oh no," Ayat got up. "I knew it. I told Maaz that this event needed to be done quietly, what was the deal with so much exposure now. We are high at risk already, within thousands of people what if someone gets in and tries to hurt us all? I can't believe they all could be this irresponsible,"

"Okay champion, that is a lot of over thinking I am hearing," Ahsan came inside with the jewelry she sent him to the jewelers to get. Placing it on the bed, he sat beside her. Haya nodded in encouragement. Ayat was having panic episodes and it was getting out of Haya's control now. "Nothing is going to happen,"

"Oh you don't know that," Ayat whined. For Haya and for Ahsan it was refreshing to see her acting like a thirteen year old, whining and being so carefree. This wedding was breaking her enclosed shell containing all the past grievances.

"Ahsan bhai is right. However, I do feel disturbed thinking that he can do wars, mafia wars, are you freaking kidding me," Haya spoke heedlessly as per her routine. "Like what kind of block buster film is this?" she completed.

"Haya," Ahsan said in a scolding tone. "Someone will hear this, and I am telling you all the guests will then  run for their lives. I heard no one encourages attending a crime boss's wedding," Ahsan made a serious face. He could be joking or he could be serious, it could be either of the those, maybe it was both. Ayat was still surprised they had agreed to Maaz, they knew what he did, just not the intensity of it, and only after Maaz promised to quit it on much indulgence.

Almost immediately she came to his defense. Ayat's strong and annihilating voice grunted. "I agree he might cross some limits, but he isn't evil,"

"You little idiot, I was joking, akhir damad ha hamare, aur itne khatarnak wale sa panga ham nahi lete bhai, koi risk nai lene ka," (After all he is the son in law of the family, and much threatening so, we won't take any risks of sorts)

Ayat rolled her eyes, smiling. Maaz was strange, but she had seen her family being understanding and accepting him for the likes of her. She was ever grateful. She understood how hard it must have been.

"Ahsan bhai, dramaybaaz kitne ha aap koi nahi darte Maaz bhai sa," (Ahsan bhai you are so melodramatic, you are not afraid of Maaz). Haya chirped in between. Ahsan nodded agreeing to Haya and spoke in a determent voice, each of his words seemed genuine and assuring.

"Obviously, choti, I am not, I am the big brother after all," He winked and left the two girls partially shocked and smiling. In her subconscious, Ayat knew none of her brothers feared Maaz, and even if it was someone else, they wouldn't think a second before they told him his place if he ever tried to hurt their little princess.