Epilogue

"'Stay trippie, little hippie'

.

Joining the symphony

.

Pakistan. January 2025

"Get a side! The best uncle in the whole wide world coming through!" Ahsan said struggling to come from among the crowd of little kids, two of Ahsan's own, Mehmad and his daughter, Naila, born along the same times as Ayat's twins, Zeeshan and Zain both 4 years old. 

 Ahsan had brought a huge bag of candies from his trip to Europe and his favorite task was to spoil the children with it. Whenever Ahsan went away, the children knew they were in for weeks of candies, and their mothers won't be able to stop them.

They all sat around in the garden, Haya and Mirha were even invited to this little barbeque party, Shahzain, Danial, Ali alongside Arsalan and Maaz were sat around the barbeque getting everything ready.

"Mamu, chocolates!" (Uncle) Even though little Zain had some gummy bears already stuck on his front teeth, he demanded more. This little kid among both twins was the mischievous one, it had been challenging for keeping up with Zain's tantrums, Zeeshan however was a quiet one. Zain was the clingy one, mostly to Maaz, he clung to him as if his life depended on the man.

"Daddy...Mommy!" Zain shouted and stomped his feet in anger, after grabbing a bunch of chocolates from his Mamu (Uncle). "I will break Naila's toys if she takes my gummy bears,"

"Zainu, she is your sister...remember what I told you sharing is caring," Ayat went to Zain and kissed his cheek, Maaz chuckled from between the boys, his beard growing heavily on his face while he sat in the pajamas, sometimes it was hard to believe this was the same Maaz, who's each and every crease was on point, still in his business meetings and work related things he was prim and proper, a little laid back now, but strict too since he had an empire to restore the name of, after the prison thing his name had almost gone to dust, only if it hadn't for Danial, but now it was Maaz's own responsibility to look after his business. His friends had done a lot while he wasn't around, and for that he'd be ever grateful.

"I will buy you lot a new car if you share gummy bears," Maaz suggested. Ayat rolled her eyes.

"Please don't spoil my children," 

"They are mine too,"

"Maaz," Ayat warned in a playful way. He surrendered. "Fine," 

He mouthed. 'babyyy'

"Look what we sisters made!" Came through Zara's voice, since Zara and Sara had met after the whole thing, they hadn't been quiet, something or the other just goes around in the house. While Maaz wasn't around, they had come several time to America for her help.

"No way chachi!"  (Aunt) Danial said to Zara. "I still can't rid my taste buds of the apple pie you made last week, I even puked at the sight of apples,"

"Tsk. Tsk," Zara clicked her tongue. "I fed you a lot in these three weeks, and only once I made a thing that was a tad bit...okay," she rolled her eyes. "A lot spoilt, but I promise this one's yummy,"

"I bet," Danial laughed getting a slap from Zara.

"Enough you rascal don't tease my mom," Maaz hugged her mom. Zara cooed Maaz, and he cuddled into her mother like a baby. A refreshing sight indeed. Arsalan made fun of this a lot, because he still remembered his team captain, Maaz. And then the mob boss Maaz, but ultimately it was his sister's husband. He had a drastic change over some years. Even this couldn't compare to when he first met his twins.