17

'seek and you will find'

.

Aesthetics

'Insane Lane'

I should have stayed in bed

"Open the damn door," Maaz wasn't giving up banging. Ayat looked at him with half close eyes. Partially annoyed, deranged and cold, shrunk in a corner, seeing him struggle for about 15 minutes straight, but no reply from outside. Maaz picked up an iron rod and tried to break open the door. He threw it aside when nothing helped them out the steel door.

"Shahzain if i come out, you are going to be a dead man!"

"Old habits die harder. You think threats can work right?" Ayat commented. Maaz looked at her obnoxious expression, like she was careless of what was happening.

"In my world they sure do, actually when death seems so near, they are the only thing that works and can't you see they locked us here!" Maaz stated. Ayat got up to face him completely aware of his temper, she came just till his shoulder but with a lifted chin and his head down they came almost eye level. He did it on purpose. She was trying to annoy him but he knew just what to do to stop it. He stepped closer, his scent already forming crazy patterns in her mind. His aura was intoxicating. His shallow breaths tickled her neck. She stepped back in daze trying to find a way out.

"I can see we are locked. I am not thick headed," Ayat formed words with so much struggle that one couldn't count.

When she took one step back. He took two towards her, and in the shallow light of his torch nothing seemed real, it all seemed like a dream to her. Like she'd wake up and he'd disappear, in that moment she felt the urge to hold onto him. Maybe it was just regret speaking. But...he destroyed her engagement. He killed someone. He manipulated her, and left her alone. That is how strong this man's dirty façade took him. All that love was only manipulation and all pre planned, like he knew everything he did from the very start. From the start till the end. All the memories ate her up like acid coming through her and all the regret overtaken by sudden anger and frustration. Her eyes reflected just how much she hated him for ruining her life and playing with her feelings but a part of her.