Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Knockout glared when Starscream and Steve interrupted his work, having just finished hooking up monitors to Megatron's husk of a body.

"Don't you two know how to knock?"

"We have to bring Megatron back right away! How much longer will it take?"

"All we need now is someone to "will" him back into his mind. If you can somehow call him back via the patch, he will be able to make a full recovery."

"Hurry up, then!" Starscream snapped, already laying on one of the medical berths. Knockout shrugged, still unaware of what the rush was, and got the mechs ready.

"You have an Earth hour. If you go past that there will be a tugging sensation and you will be returned from his mind to yours. Understand?" Knockout drone on, knowing he had to state all the facts and risks before he sent Starscream off. The Seeker waved a servo dismissively.

"Get on with it!"

"As you say, Lord Starscream."

***

Megatron had been miserable before the meeting with Starscream, but now he was truly depressed. There was no use in imagining a different life since the hope had been smothered like a candle flame. It was over. He was damned to the Pit forever and would have no form of happiness to revert back to in his mind.

"You seem upset, Megatron. Did I not please you?" Unicron asked, deep voice making the whole berth shake a little. Megatron sighed.

"You are not the cause of my pain." he said, feeling a servo run down his side absentmindedly. The demon always liked to pet him like an organic animal. It was degrading but also strangely comforting since it gave the illusion of belonging, of being wanted by someone.

"What is troubling you, my pet? You are not yourself anymore." Unicron pressed, pulling Megatron closer. Megatron allowed himself to be dragged limply across the berth like a sparkling's plaything.

"I am broken."

"Even the strongest mechs break, Megatron. But you will always be wanted."

'It is all a lie...One. Massive. Lie.' Megatron thought as he drifted into a restless recharge.

He woke to find Unicron was gone, having left him alone on the berth. He didn't even lift his heavy helm when he saw the form of Starscream extending a clawed servo to him. The Seeker huffed and made an impatient tapping with his pede on the floor.

"Hurry up, will you? I can't stay here long!"

"Why are you back, Starscream?" Megatron asked, once commanding voice having lost all of the anger and fire behind it.

"I came back for you, you rust-minded fool! Hurry!"

"I can never leave, Starscream."

"Megatron, move!"

Starscream grabbed Megatron's servos and there was a loud, thunderous crack that echoed through the entire room, leaving an echo. The two looked at each other in horror when a terrible roar came from outside.

"Who dare enter my domain?!"

Starscream held on tighter as the floor shook and the walls seemed to cave in on them both. Megatron's grip was like a vice, the silver mech holding on with every ounce of strength he had.

"Megatron! Release him!" Unicron snarled, bursting into the room as a writhing shadow with purple optics. Megatron tensed, his optics locking once with Starscream's before his grip loosened.