Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Smokescreen wouldn't give up on making Arcee like the sparklings, taking them to her while Starscream had his "alone time" with Megatron. He wasn't sure why he continued to bother, but he felt it could really change the femme's attitude towards Starscream and Megatron. After all, they were all on the same side now. She needed to get along with them.

"Awww, how could you not want to hold this little guy?" Smokescreen cooed, holding Quicksilver up under his arms. The tiny Seekerling made a churring sound in his vocalizer and reached out to Arcee, optics bright and full of innocence.

"I do not want to hold the little pit-spawned devil." Arcee snapped, ignoring the little whines and whimpers Quicksilver made when she refused to hold him or even look at him.

"Come on, Arcee! He and his brother are really great!" Smokescreen tried again as Bumblebee carried Striker over. The larger of the twins was wide awake now, talkative (in sparkling dialect) and curious. "You'll change your mind when you get to hold one!"

"I will never be able to change my mind when I know their Carrier murdered my partner!" she nearly roared, furious she was being badgered so much by the young racer.

Quicksilver and Striker winced at the loud shout of rage and burst into tears, keening loudly for their Carrier or Sire to come get them. The blue and pink femme was scary...

As if on cue, Starscream came bursting out of the room, some new dents on his wings from a session with his mate. He locked onto Smokescreen and stormed over, snatching his creations back. They both hushed, making soft squeaks and chirps as they were held, instantly mollified.

"Try not to upset them. They're too young for such things." Starscream snapped, cradling the two as he retreated to the hulking form of Megatron that came lumbering out of their room, his frame marred with scratches.

"I didn't do it! It was Arcee who yelled!" Smokescreen called out, wanting so badly to make peace with the two killers. To be honest he looked up to them a little, seeing them both as figureheads like Optimus.

"I am not blaming you." Starscream said, flicking one wing back slightly with annoyance. "When I am in need of your services again, I will not hesitate to call upon you. For right now, I need some time with my creations."

"Our creations." Megatron growled, needing to correct the Seeker lest he decide he had some new form of power. Starscream made a little huff and glared petulantly up at the larger mech, those burning optics of his narrowed in frustration.

"Why is it that every time I try and say something, someone always has to find fault with it?!" he retorted sharply, turning on his heel and padding towards the base entrance, wanting to take the sparklings outside for the first time.

"Because you are always wrong." Megatron snorted, finding the whole spat rather amusing. With a shrug of his shoulders, the massive gladiator went to curl up on the metal couch Bulkhead and Smokescreen had made a few months prior.

"Aww, come on! I was gonna sit there!" Smokescreen whined, watching as Megatron stretched out across the whole furnishing and shuttered his optics.

"Try to move me and you'll regret it." Megatron warned, optics still closed when Smokescreen got close enough to shove him off. Grumbling a few human curses, Smokescreen went off to play video games with the kids and Bumblebee.

Meanwhile, Starscream was having a great time on his own with the twins. Both Seekerlings were highly excited at the rocks and dirt of Jasper, Nevada. Squeaking and burbling happily while they played, Starscream rolled over onto his side and watched them protectively, wings folded close to his sides in relaxation.