Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Megatron stopped feeling everything. He just didn't care anymore. Burning in the acid pits didn't scare him any longer, being tortured or forcefully taken by Unicron meant nothing at all. The only thing that made him hurt now was being away from Starscream. He shuttered his optics as he curled up on the berth, imagining all he could have had with the Seeker, his handsome Seeker...

"Megatron, my pet! You seem oddly silent." Unicron announced, kicking the silver mech on his side from where he lay on the other half of the berth. Megatron curled up tighter.

"Do you wish to speak with me, my Lord?"

Unicron shook his helm, purple optics watching Megatron with slight interest. He had been broken, that was obvious. But he might have left no will to fight in him whatsoever. The mech had even begun to ignore his punishments as if they no longer hurt enough. Something had to be done, but the demon had to figure out what was keeping the former warlord from entirely begging to him.

Megatron was soon in recharge, dreaming about the world he had left. It nearly brought washer fluid to his optics to think he could never go back and that he would forever remain as Unicron's. The only power he had over the vile entity was his persistence to remember everything he missed so well he was almost living again.

'I wonder what they are up to now. With luck Starscream and Knockout haven't made any truly idiotic decisions yet...' he thought in his recharge, rolling over onto his chest plating with a soft huff.

Unicron glanced over at him before returning to watch the silenced suffering of a mech being pulled apart by demonic minions. It was mildly entertaining, but Unicron could think of nothing better to occupy himself with now that his little pet had become so unresponsive. Contemplating all sorts of cruelties, Unicron plotted how to torment Megatron as the mech before him silently screamed.

***

The truce between the two factions was signed and agreed upon by Optimus Prime and the new leader of the Decepticons, Starscream. The two mechs shook servos to seal the deal, cheers of joy erupting around them from the weary soldiers. The war was over now that Megatron had been removed and with luck they could all start anew.

"I don't trust him." Arcee hissed to Ratchet, seeing the medic was scowling at the smiling Seeker and their courageous leader. He growled a little in his chest with agreement.

"He never makes a deal unless he can truly get something out of it. Just controlling New Vos is certainly not going to make such a creature happy." Ratchet said firmly, knowing they needed to speak with the Prime alone before they made a terrible mistake.

"I can talk to him." Arcee said, bristling a little as she strode past Starscream and patted Optimus on his lower arm. "We need to discuss the recent turn of events."

"Arcee, please do not cause any trouble with the Decepticons. They have willingly agreed to comply with the treaty and we do not want to anger them."

"Optimus, Starscream is somehow lying to us! When has he ever kept his word to anything? He is a natural at backstabbing and sneaking out of everything! Don't you remember how he killed his own leader?! He will kill all of us if we give him the chance!"

"It is all a possibility, but one we must be willing to accept for the greater good of our kind. Cybertron needs to be rebuilt and we are the only ones who can start." Optimus said calmly as his attention wandered to Starscream, seeing the mech was staring distantly off into the vast desert of Nevada.

"Starscream? Are you feeling well?" Steve's voice asked as the Vehicon gently tugged on Starscream's servo. The Seeker perked his wings as he was startled out of his daze by the touch.