Chapter 97

TILLY wanted to be mature but Captain Sherwood was testing her patience.

She was very secured of Kiho's love for her and she knew very well that her husband was straight. But the way the captain was looking at Kiho made her uncomfortable.

Captain Sherwood's eyes were sparkling and it looked like he was about to drool.

Gosh, why am I being so petty?

She just sipped her tea to make herself calm down.

Right now, they were in the tea room. Kiho was sitting beside her while Captain Sherwood was sitting in front of her husband. There was a table between them and aside from tea, it was filled with different delectable snacks. Thankfully, even with only Louisa as their servant, the mansion didn't lack in food that suited a duke's home.

Captain Sherwood is also a duke like Kiho so he's considered as an esteemed guest.

"Captain Sherwood, may I know what happened to you?" Kiho asked with a hint of worry in his voice. "Was it His Majesty who hurt you?"

Captain Sherwood's face lit up. "Are you worried about me, Duke Nystrom?"

Tilly accidentally tightened her grip around the cup's holder.

Girl, don't be jealous, she reminded herself. Kiho is loyal to you, okay?

"You can say that," Kiho said. "But I'm more worried about Tilly and our son. If His Majesty already found out that you betrayed him for me, he might attack my family now."

The disappointment in the captain's face almost made her laugh.

Hah! I win!

She knew that she was being petty but she couldn't help it, okay?

"Don't worry, Your Grace," Captain Sherwood said, still smiling. "His Majesty doesn't have any intention to attack for now. From the looks of it, he already knew that I was never loyal to him. Most of all, he never liked me because of my close relationship with Her Royal Highness before. In short, my betrayal is a relief to His Majesty."

Hearing that made her doubt the captain even more.

If he can betray the royal family, he can betray anyone.

"Even if you betrayed His Majesty for me, that doesn't mean we'll accept you as an ally," Kiho said indifferently. "Captain Sherwood, I didn't tell you to betray His Majesty. And I don't believe that your "feelings" for me is the only reason why you suddenly decided to join my side."

"What do I have to do to make you trust me, Your Grace?"

"Nothing, Captain Sherwood," her husband answered. "I can never forget that you're one of the people who are after my Tilly before. I don't even know what you tried to do to hurt my wife and our child. I'm sorry but because of that, I can't trust you. And I don't want to."

"Then, I'll come clean," Captain Sherwood said firmly. "During the Hunt, I was the one who attacked Lady Nystrom while she was on her way home."

She gasped when she heard that.

I knew the shadow man back then looked familiar!

She clenched her teeth in anger.

God, that b*tchy princess really deserves to be burnt!

"You attacked my pregnant wife back then? Not only that. Our coachman almost lost his life as well," Kiho said, obviously angry. "F*ck you, Captain Sherwood."

She gasped again.

Wow, it's very rare for Kiho to curse!

"That wasn't the only thing I did," Captain Sherwood continued, unfazed by Kiho's anger. "There's a "treasure" in the royal family that I want so bad. On the other hand, His Majesty wants to know who owns the heart of the Red Phoenix. And so, we made a deal. I betrayed Her Royal Highness and told his Majesty that Lady Nystrom has the heart of the Red Phoenix to get the "treasure" that I want. I decided to switch sides because I know that His Majesty and Her Royal Highness has no use of me anymore."