Chapter 176

This is bad…

"Stay here, Miss Luna," Captain Sherwood whispered. "I'll check what happened outside."

She just nodded, then pulled Lord Winter to her body closer.

The captain looked at the unconscious Duke Nystrom a look full of concern before he quietly and swiftly stepped out of the carriage.

When Captain Sherwood was gone, she created a barrier inside the carriage.

"Don't worry, young lord," she whispered to the child. "We will protect you."

Winter's huge round eyes focused on her face. Then, he put a hand on her cheek gently. His skin was cold, but the young lord's gestured warmed her heart.

He's comforting me.

She smiled at the toddler. "Thank you, Lord Winter�������"

Her voice trailed-off when all of a sudden, a woman wearing an elegant off-the-shoulder robe appeared beside Duke Nystrom.

How did she break in my barrier…?

The stranger also had long white hair, golden eyes that resembled the duke's…

… and white snake scales?

"Also, if you see a White Snake around him, kill it."

When she remembered the Supreme's instructions before she left a while ago, she felt goosebumps all over her body.

This woman is the white snake!

She immediately tried to envelope Duke Nystrom with a protective spell.

But she was already too late.

When the strange woman– the White Snake– bit the duke in the neck, their bodies started to fade in a very cold white smoke.

Lord Winter started to cry loudly as if he was trying to wake up Duke Nystrom.

But to no avail.

"No!" she yelled while trying to increase the range of her protective spell.

But again, she was late.

She tried to stand up and run after the duke by tracing his Mana. But all of a sudden, she felt a sharp pain in her ankle followed by dizziness. When she plopped back on the sofa, she looked down and was shocked to see that a small white snake was wrapped around her right ankle. Based on the bite marks in her skin, it was obvious that she had been bitten.

Her body instantly felt weak and numb.

She knew that her arms would be rendered useless soon so before she accidentally dropped the young lord, she immediately put him in a "safe bubble." It was literally a breathable bubble made with her life force and Mana. That meant that as long as she was alive, the bubble wouldn't and couldn't be burst unless she died.

The venom in her body was the kind of venom that would take hours before it completely killed her. For now, she forcefully put her sleep to slow down the spread of venom in her body.

***

WHEN KALEL opened his eyes, he was greeted by his mother's relieved face.

After looking around, he realized that he was lying on his mother's lap while they were in the middle of a forest or something.

"My little Nystrom," his mother said with tears in her eyes. "You're finally awake."

If he had awakened, that only meant one thing.

"Soleil," Kalel whispered to himself, then he stood up and looked up at the dark sky. He could tell that it was midnight now, but the dark sky was being lit up by the familiar bright flame that he wouldn't mistaken for anyone else. "Soleil is awake, too."