Chapter 46

"MY LADY, Sir Kiho has returned."

Tilly literally dropped what she was doing (stitching a white handkerchief) when she heard the news from Leni, and then stood up. She was shocked because when they were talking via their communication device last night, Kiho told her that he'd be home the day after tomorrow. "He's already here?"

"Yes, my lady," Leni confirmed. "The other servants have assembled in the main entrance to greet the master."

She immediately bolted out of the room.

If her father saw her running down the grand staircase, she would definitely get scolded. After all, running when your life wasn't in danger was considered "unladylike." She was trying her best to fit in this world again but her second life as a modern woman had changed a lot of things about her personality and beliefs.

And most of all, she just really couldn't wait to see Kiho again after twelve lonely days of being apart.

Kiho was giving his black cloak to David, the head butler, when he turned to her. His face instantly lit up. When he realized that she was running towards him, he handed the bouquet if red roses that he was holding to the head butler. "Tilly."

"Kiho!" Tilly said excitedly. "You're back!"

Then, she literally threw herself at him. Like she expected, he caught her without a problem. He even spun her around that made her giggle.

[Gosh, this is such a newlywed's behavior.]

The best thing out of that was he didn't put her down yet.

"How are you, honey?" Kiho asked while carrying her effortlessly in his arms as if she was just as light as a feather.

"I'm better now that you're back," she said. "Why didn't you tell me that you'd be back today?"

"I wanted to surprise you," he confessed. "Did it work?"

"Yes!" she said. "But I wish I could have asked the chef to prepare your favorite food instead of mine."

"No, it's okay," he comforted her. "I like everything that you like."

She smiled warmly at him. "Welcome home, hon."

"I'm glad to be welcomed home by you, honey," he said gently.

After saying that, the captain asked David to hand her the bouquet of red roses.

"Thank you," she said while adoring the flowers. "I love flowers."

"I also got you some unique jewelry that you'd probably like," he said. "Would you like to see them now?"

"Later," she said. "You should rest first, Kiho."

"Uh-huh," the captain said, then he started to walk towards to stairs. He obviously didn't have any intention to put her down yet. "Have you been eating well, Tilly? Why does it feel like you've lost weight?"

She laughed softly while shaking her head. "It's just your imagination. I didn't lose weight."

She was about to say something but she stopped when she realized that the servants were watching them. The maids were blushing but they looked happy. The butlers also seemed pleased. While Louisa (the head maid) and David (the head butler) looked like proud parents.

[Oh. I've noticed it a while ago but the servants seemed to have been more accepting to Kiho than they did before.]

The servants used to be scared of Kiho because of his bad reputation and his lack of interest to change other people's perception of him.