Chapter 174

"My deepest apologies, Lady Nystrom," Luna said in a shaking voice. Then, she kneeled and bowed to her until her forehead almost hit the floor. "I was able to bring the saint out of the prayer room. But it seemed like the emperor put up a stronger barrier around the temple. Then, the Golden Tiger came." Her shoulders started to shake as her voice cracked. "His Holiness asked me to leave. He stayed behind to stop the Golden Tiger from attacking me."

Her heart broke for the witch.

This was the first time that Luna broke down in tears ever since the first day that she met her.

"I'm sorry, Miss Luna," she said in a weak voice. Then, she kneeled in front of the witch and put a hand on her shoulder. "This is my fault. I shouldn't have sent you to the temple alone."

The witch raised her head to look at her. Then, she shook her head. "It's not your fault, Lady Nystrom," she said while wiping off the tears on her face with her hands. "I failed to save the saint because I'm still lacking as a witch."

"You're not lacking, Miss Luna. You did good," she said with a smile. To be honest, she wanted to cry with Luna. A life was lost because she was still weak. But unfortunately, she didn't have the luxury to break down. "Miss Luna, I'm sorry to ask you this but you're the only person I can trust now. Please take care of Kiho and Winter. Make sure they'll reach Mount Sola safely."

Luna looked confused but it was understandable. "What do you mean by that, Lady Nystrom?"

 Tilly smiled again even though she was starting to get scared of her own decision. "Miss Luna, I'm going to awaken the heart and retrieve my memories as Soleil Rosenberg."

***

KIHO hugged Winter tighter when he felt Miss Luna's presence.

The witch was back but she was alone.

We failed to save Saint Forrester.

He was angry– very angry– but he had to hold back. Two Beast Gods were already under His Majesty's control. While he knew that he could beat them, he wouldn't risk his family's safety. Running away for now was the best option for their survival.

"Brother Rival, you're crushing the baby," Flint, who sat on the sofa across him, said worriedly.

Kiho's thoughts were cut-off as soon as he heard what Flint said. He immediately looked down at Winter in his arms. His son was pouting and was on the verge of crying. He immediately loosened up his hold on their baby. "I'm sorry, little rascal," he said while rocking him. "Are you hurt?"

Winter shook his tiny head, but he still looked upset.

"I'm sorry, little rascal," he said, then he kissed his son's forehead. "Daddy didn't mean to hurt you."

So cute.

He kissed Winter's cheek before he turned to Flint.

Right now, he was in the child's room because he needed to talk to him. Aside from Julian in the crib, nobody else was there. He wanted to talk to Flint alone so he asked the servants and the knights to give them privacy.

He couldn't comfort Tilly right now because he still had a job to do.

"Flint, you know that you're a Nystrom now, don't you?" Kiho asked. "You and Julian."

Flint nodded seriously. "Yes, Brother Rival."

"While my family will travel to Mount Sola, you and Julian will come with the Black Serpent Knights to the North," he said. He already explained to Flint that he would be joining his knights. But this time, he'd explain why he couldn't bring them to Mount Sola. "You will meet up with Captain Denver and the Red Phoenix Knights in the North. I already left a letter to Blake that he's supposed to give to the captain. You already know that, right?"