Chapter 198

Tilly stopped folding her clothes when Luna entered her room. "Oh, you're late," she told the witch. "Winter, Solenn, and Jameson are probably about to land on Red Dessert by now."

Luna gave her a scrutinizing look. "You planned this with Winter, didn't you?"

She let out an exaggerated sigh. "What should I do, Luna? My son has run away and he even brought the princess with him. They're being accompanied by Jameson, but we all know that he's the most childish Keeper of all so we can't really trust him with the children. As Winter's mother, I should take responsibility and follow them, right?"

The witch let out a frustrated sigh while shaking her head. "Please say that you've already talked to Solaris about this," she pleaded. "You know that I will always take your side. But I'll feel bad if you disrespect the Fire Archmage's position as the leader. I mean, I know that you outrank him since you're the Supreme. Still, he took care of your clan when you disappeared."

"I know that," she said. "That's why I want to repay Solaris and everyone who protected the Fire Mages by claiming our rightful place– which is the empire. While Solarium is a safe and peaceful island for our clan, I still think that it's too small for us. We deserve to live freely."

"Is that what they want?"

"They wouldn't have waited for me all this time if they were already contented in the life that they have now," she said with a sad smile. "And after living here in Solarium for five years, I've seen the eagerness of most Fire Mages to see the world outside the island. Most of all, they want to clear our name and make the Moonchesters pay for everything that they did to us."

Luna fell silent for a while before she nodded. "You're right, Tilly," she said. "It's not right for your clan to live in hiding when you've just been falsely accused by the Moonchesters."

"I know, right?"

"So, are we finally returning to the Royal Capital?"

"Uh-huh," she said. "And I want to return with a bang."

Luna suddenly looked nervous by her statement. "What do you have in mind, Tilly?"

"Nothing much," Tilly lied with a big smile. "I'm just thinking of a grand entrance that will give Aku Moonchester a heart attack."

***

"WE HAVE a good harvest this year, Your Grace," Amilo said proudly while looking at the pearls inside the biggest oyster that they just farmed a while ago. "We even managed to produce black pearls this time."

"It's all thanks to my wife," Kiho said while removing a black pearl from the oyster using a knife. "She taught us how to create a pearl farm from the water level that we have to use to the irritant that we need to insert inside the oysters."

Amilo, the jewel maker, was one of the few people his wife told him that he could trust.

He hated staying in the inns because ladies who recognized him would always approach him despite knowing that he was already married. He also didn't like being around too many people because most often than not, a few of them would turn out to be Emperor Aku's spies.

And so, he preferred staying in the ship whenever he was at Atlenta.

It's also a good time to fish fresh seafood.

Amilo nodded in agreement. "The duchess is amazing for coming up with this kind of business. Not only are cultured pearls actually real pearls, but they are also abundant. Since we can produce plenty of them, we can make them affordable than natural pearls."