Chapter 79

TILLY plopped on the sofa as soon as she entered her room.

On the other hand, Luna sat on the chair across her.

I'm so tired.

After the dinner party, Kiho was summoned by the emperor. So her husband asked her to go home first with Luna. Her father dropped them off at their residence because he wanted to make sure that they'd go home safely.

"Miss Luna, would you like you live with us from now on?" Tilly asked the witch. "Aside from the fact that I'd be reassured to have you by my side, I also want to ensure your safety. I know that you're strong and capable of protecting yourself. But still, I want to do something for you. Consider it as my token of gratitude."

"After what I've seen tonight, there's no way I'd leave you alone," Luna said. "That Lady Hayward is something. I can tell that she's a mage but she tried to use black magic on you. She definitely belongs to the princess's "collection.""

"Collection?" she asked curiously. "What kind of "collection" does Her Royal Highness have?"

"The princess likes collecting people with unique powers and twisted personalities," the witch explained. "Most of them are good-looking men. The royal family is obsessed with beauty, aren't they?" When she just nodded at her question, Luna continued. "But there are also female members in her collection."

"Why do you know so much about the princess's collection, Miss Luna?"

"My sister was a part of her stupid collection."

She didn't miss the use of past tense.

"Let me introduce myself properly," Luna said seriously. "I am Luna of the Colorless Coven. Our clan has unique pink eyes. We are the only witches with this eye color," she said softly as if she was reminded of a fond but sad memory. "But our eyes aren't just pretty. If you gouge out our eyes and use them as ornaments, they could be powerful protection."

"Really?"

The witch nodded. "That's exactly the reason why our clan was hunted down by greedy rich people. They wanted our eyes because they are pretty and useful. Unfortunately, our clan doesn't specialize in fighting. Most of us dedicate our lives to creating medicine for rare diseases. So when we were hunted down for our eyes, only a few survived." She pointed at herself. "Obviously, I'm one of those who are still alive until now."

She nodded while absorbing Luna's story. "How did you survive, Miss Luna? Were you born stronger than your people?"

"You can say that," she confirmed. "My mother was the most powerful witch in our clan. And my father was also a powerful wizard. Me and my sister inherited their strong Mana. But since the enemies outnumbered us, we weren't able to protect our clan. Worst of all, our parents died protecting our people. Then, my sister and I got separated from them."

She felt sad hearing the witch's tragic story. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Miss Luna."

Luna just smiled at her before continuing with what she was saying. "My sister and I were adopted by the mages of the White Tower."

Tilly gasped in shock. "What?"

"Lahara found us when we arrived at the Royal Capital," the witch said in a bitter voice. "She felt our presence because during that time, my sister and I didn't know how to hide our powers. We were just in our adolescence then. And since we were young and didn't know any better, we followed Lahara to the White Tower."

She was now very invested in the story. Wow, I never found out about it in my first life.

"Lahara became our teacher," Luna continued. "My sister, Stella, got attached to Lahara too much though. It got worse when Lahara introduced my sister to the bitch princess."