Chapter 14: trials

Y/n had woken the next morning feeling tired and shit, the night before was all just a blur and honestly what she would wake up to this morning with probably be the top of the cake for her. She couldn't stand the quietness of the room of her home, the chilling feel it gave was soothing as well as it was lonely, something made her knees feel weak as she tried to stand and the dizzying feeling over whelming her. She made her way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and stared the painfully drawn girl in front of her.

She sighed heavily and washed her face before walking out to grab some clothes to shower in. She couldn't stand the dirty feeling her body seemed to grime into. She made her way in the bathroom thinking of what the hell could had happened last night I make her feel this awful, she felt as if she'd been burned in hell and back. "Shit!" She jumped as she almost slipped in the stone tile floor of the bathroom.

"Guess I'll need to buy more shampoo." She sighed looking at the spilled bottle. She forgot to tighten the lid of it.

She quickly showered and rinsed herself off and got dressed into a simple shirt and jeans. She didn't feel the need to impress anyone, after all she could have them falling at her feet in the mere second.

She quickly looked in the mirror and brushed her teeth and headed down to the oh so glorious kitchen of hers (which wasn't so glorious since it felt empty and unused.) to see what she could possibly salvage in the depths of her fridge and cabinets. "What the fuck! I though I told Jean to buy groceries." She sighed.

She slammed the door shut and trudged into the comforting space of her living
room and laid on the sofa. She flicked on the Tv and turned to whatever channel caught her attention first. She settled on a show that she found rather boring but paid no mind to it as she stared blankly at the wall behind it. "Erich maxwell blunt, CEO of 'APPLSN' has been taken into custody just last night.." her eyes shot up from the wall and onto the Tv in a quick second.

"He is being held until further notices and judgement can be placed by the court and judge, more to this story later on tonight at eight." The man on the news cast channel said. Her eyes were wide as she though about what the hell happened.

She quickly ran to her room and searched for her phone to call up James, certainly he would know if David had told him. Her foot tapped relentlessly against the floor as she waited the ring to sound off and his voice to come through. "Hello? This is James Scott speaking." He says as his voice travels through the phone.

"I know you know who the fuck this is James, now tell me you've seen the news." She says as her words almost jumble over themselves. A sigh could be heard, she could almost see him rolling us eyes with a nod. "Yeah, David, his attorney contacted me last night, told me to get you prepared for court." He told her.

"What!? Why!?" She asked with spite and confusion.

"He thinks that, somehow your going to get involved in this, and he wants you—us to be prepared." He says.

"So what do we do?" Y/n asks him unsure. "We wait it out, we don't want to seem suspicious, this could be dangerous, who knows what game their trying to play at." He says.

"So what I just sit around and wait for them start accusations!?" She scoffs at him. "No, you keep quiet and low and go about your day as you normally would,
y/n. We don't need the whole damn press interfering." He says bluntly,

"Alright. But just let David know, I'm watching Erich." She snarls. The phone hung up and silence filled the line, she didn't understand how the prick could cause so much problems in just a few months. Worst mistake she made was working for the narcissistic ass-wipe.

She sighed knowing good and well she'd have to turn into work today or else there'd be suspicions of her. "Fuck!" She yelled out in frustration. She got dressed into a black blouse and a white pencil skirt. She threw on her shoes and called Steven to pick her up. As she waited for him to get there she decided to light a cigarette, it had been weeks since she last took a smoke and she felt she needed it.