Chapter 19: acussations

It had been a few weeks since Y/n was held by the SFPD for interrogation, it was nerve wracking that out of all the people, they had to rope her into it, as fucked up as it was she was smarter, she'd just have to play the cards right and cheat her way a little.

It wasn't surprising to her that they'd try to bring her into this mess, it seemed as if everyone who had anything to do with Erich blunt was brought in the pile of garbage. Erich on the other hand was currently trying to get Warren Daniels back, Warren had found out about Erich's little road trip after he distinctively told him no lying to him especially when it put him at jeopardy.

"Fuck!" He yelled as he threw a car across the room. "I tried to warn you Erich, you can have both ends of the stick, you want out of this mess—start thinking with your head instead of your personal desires." David spoke as he sat in the edge of Erich's desk.

"I know what you fucking told me, I didn't expect someone to be following me around." He scoffed. David sighed deeply as he shoved his hands into his pockets and opened his mouth to say, "but didn't you though?" The questions ringed in Erich's ears like a broken record player, it pissed him off.

"I know! Alright I know!" He shouted back as he tried to think. "We have to get him back, Daniel Warren needs to lead my case." Erich spoke turning his head sharply to look at David.

"Call him, if he doesn't answer we'll go to him and negotiate again." Erich said to him before turning to walk out the door.

⌨︎︎⌨︎︎⌨︎︎⌨︎︎⌨︎︎

Music busting through her office Y/n was coding the game and getting ahead of some missed work that hadn't been done, bidding her time her until she was sure the SFPD would leave her alone, she spent most of her days locked up in 'GATGS' or in her home. Her desire to pursue men to make her feel good faded away and she was back to square one. "Miss l/n, just a reminder that you have a scheduled meeting in two hours." Ameil spoke walking in, in hugged heels and a penciled skirt l with a vest blouse.

"Thank you, before you go..could, could you run over these files on the last updated games and the reviews for me, I need to see what needs to be fixed and updated." Y/n spoke as her pencil lay in between her teeth. "Of course, anything else?" She spoke awkwardly.

"No, you can leave when your done, inform Justin I'll be closing tonight." She said dismissing her. Her eyes glazed over with concentration as she continued to try and work but another knock sounded and she was once again taken away from her distraction. "Come in." She spoke setting her pencil down and stretching her hands.

"Looks like your busy." James queried as the music buzzed in his ears and her call state spun around in the chair she was seated at. "Well, I'm trying to finish the rest of the coding, if I get it done then we can start focusing on the actual coding features and symmetrical of the game." She spoke as she waved her hands around to explain tenant she was doing.

"The database of the game is a little haywire and needs to be tended to but if I can just finish the coding we can really get into that and add the story and background of the game." Y/n babbled focusing back onto the coding as her fingers once again typed away.

"I came in here to talk about what happened, and the plan were going to take if the drag you into this mess." James spoke as he relaxed against the desk. "I'm not going to get dragged into this James, they have nothing on me." She said shrugging him off.

"This isn't some shrug off Y/n, they might not have anything on you now, but believe me when I say they will find and hold anything they can against you, this isn't a game you're playing, it's life." James said gravely as he his brows furrowed.