Chapter 5: the interview

Erich was standing in front a crowd of people and cameras as he spoke about his new game. He watched as everyone listened intently to his words as if he was a god and it gave him a sense of power and want. They needed him, he was sure of it. "We all had dream worlds as kids..places where we would go to escape" he says with a twinkle in his eye as he spoke.

"For me, it was inside this view-master, it belonged to my grandmother" he says looking at the crowd who were clinging into to him like air. "Then my mom"

"See our apps are more than games" he says looking at the camera with a hint of hatred and accusation. He had directed this at y/n who wasn't even watching tv at the time and couldn't care a less. "They are destination where users go to get lost in alternate utopian realities, but the experience is limited by the delivery system, the future will be dominated by the first company able to eliminate the device-"

"An immersive 4-D experience allowing people to travel inside our virtual worlds, APPLSN has the most talented engineers in the business, because of them, we are going to be that company" Erich watched as people start to applaud and hoot for him feeling pride and greedy in it all. "I'd also like to announce that here soon, I will be partnering with y/n l/n and her company GATGS, we will be creating something I think will send you off the edge" he replies darkly. Everyone yells louder as more claps and applause erupt.

Erich makes his way out and into the street where everyone was following him.

....

"David we really have to get the Jeremy Leonard lawsuit behind us" one of his managers says. "It's time to settle, Erich we let you drag this out until the 11th hour to see if he would crack" she says looking at Erich who looks nonchalantly at the screen. "Oh you let me?, thanks" he says sarcastically.

"It was always established that we would wrap this up before the I.P.O" the man says.

"And not settling is a mistake, it puts at risk everything we've built" his main businesses runner says. Erich scoffs at her popping a grape into his mouth. "You haven't built anything, sue, let's be clear in that" he scoffs at her with a selfless smirk.

The lady smiles thinly at Erich with her patience are already getting thin with him. "This is your company Erich, we're just here to advise you" Erich looks around annoyed before his eyes meet Cindy's who smiles at him. He leans his head back and smirks slightly at her as she walks past. "And we advise that you pay him off" she says sternly.

"Give us a clean I.P.O. And in a week you'll be worth three, four billion dollars" she says. Erich finally snaps and glares at her.

"I could give a shit about my net worth" he exclaims at her. "This is about a dream, it's about trying to make a dent in the universe" he says raising his voice slightly.  Erich looked mad and intimidating.

"Leonard's lawsuit-" the man starts. "Accused me of stealing his code!" Erich says cutting him off. "His ideas, he's attacking my integrity and the integrity of this company, he's attacking this" Erich says jabbing at his head lightly. "And this is all we've got" he says with arrogance. Erich stands up swiftly and storms to the back to where his room in his jet is. "Suits..they don't get it" he says to Cindy who walked in.

"No they don't" she says taking a seat next to him and rubbing her hands in his back. Cindy always knew how to fuel his ego. "They're not like you" she says caressing his face. "You're special" she hums. "Erich gives a smirky smile and leans his head in the crook of her neck. She caresses him for a few seconds before Erich lifts his head and whispers in her ear causing her to giggle at what he said. "And your crazy"

"Yeah well, if I wasn't crazy, I think I'd go insane" he says looking at her. She looks into Erich's eyes and kisses him he feel a the kiss and grabs at her throat with his hands causing her to gasp lightly and moan. (Bitch we don't like you Cindy!!)