Chapter 24: Back to GATGS

Y/n returned back to San Francisco a few days after her stay at the resort but not before "Mr.Blunt", again was it ever mentioned what a ridiculous last name he has?, couldn't miss her leaving. "So what's your plan if they pull you in?" Her eyes strained to her left to see a glimpse of him looking around warily for any cameras that could be wandering around again. "Does it really concern you?" She spoke back irritated by his nosiness.

"I mean...the case is about me and Cindy." He spoke, with a daunting chime leaving his lips as he spoke her name. Her head turned to see him in full eye view as she plastered a mocking sneer on her face. "Yes, we all know you're a number one suspected murderer, and that you may or may not have killed Cindy." She jeered out.

"Oh and let's not mention the quote on quote "fetus", but that might be a little too late though." She snickered. "Don't you think you might want to lower your damn voice?!" He seethed, "you saying this shit could get me in a lot of trouble, I'm not even allowed to be speak about it to anyone." He gritted out his body turning red as well as his face.

"No shit, but I think you messed up the second they mentioned the baby, imagine all those mothers and pro life supporters who are gonna be pissed." She couldn't help the leering grin that formed, what could she say? She just loved to get under his skin.

"You know, you may not have a high demanding company to save...but I do, and I don't need a bitch telling me something I already know." He spat in her face as their noses almost grazed from the few centimeters of space. She could see the look of rage written on his face as his eyes locked with hers, the act of trying to intimidate her annoying her more than it should. Y/n felt her feet move forward until her and Erich were touching bodies and she was up on her toes to fully reach his height as his face quickly turned into one of confusion as he felt her warm breath graze the side of his face as she moved close to his ear. "Just remember I'm not here to save your ass, I don't owe you a thing or an ounce of my sympathy, you got yourself here not me." She spat out landing back on the heels of her feet.

The moment was brief but it was enough to annoy her the whole trip ride back to the plane and back to San Francisco. How could he be that entitled and think she had to tell him everything? She wasn't his assistant or his wife for that matter, eugh! Wife of Erich blunt?! Enough to make her father turn over in his grave, she thought darkly making her lips twist in a devilish grin, she walked silently alone theough the doors of the big story building, the floors and walls shinier than when she last was here, they must've cleaned the place.

She noticed the way her reflection peered at her through the windows pains of the building, how the marble walls squinted back into her own set of eyes. It was nice seeing something old look new again, she walked down the halls of GATGS and into her office on the top floor, she was excited to be back considering the surrounding drama that waited here but she was ready to get back to work and bury her mind else where.

"Miss Y/n, there's someone on the other line waiting for you, says it's an urgent call." One of her newer employees stated through the buzz call.

"Very well, send them over." She responded. She could hear the voice of a man on the other line who seemed to be conversing with someone else. "Y/n speaking." She stated making her presence known.

She heard a quick cough before the man started speaking, "This is Michael Wilxon, I was wondering if I could schedule an interview on your latest up bringing of your new game." The man said sounding clean and professional.

"Well the game isn't quite finished yet, as some other things have strung along in the way," she said, "Oh no worries, wed still really appreciate it if you could squeeze us in." He said sounding charming.

"When would you be willing schedule, I've got a lot of meeting and interviews already this week, so anytime after Friday would work best for me." She said looking down at her laid out schedule book.

"How about...Monday afternoon? Let's say around two." He said as pages could be heard in the background.

"Sounds good, I guess I'll see you then?" She asked. "Fantastic, I'll see you Monday then and I'll have my assistant send you the address and file agreements." He responded cheerfully.

"Alright, sounds like a plan." She said gleefully

"Okay Miss, have a good evening." She heard dial tone marking the end of the call. So much work to do and she still had more being scheduled but she would get through it just like any other day.

———

It wasn't until late that she realized she was the last one left in 'GATGS', her paper work being caught up and she even managed to add some lite coding to the ongoing process of her new game which feels like was taking her twice as long to finish up. She wondered if she had declined Erich's teams offer the first go around if she would have gotten herself stuck in this mess, although something deep in her mind told her she would be.

She felt in some way Erich would have managed to dig himself a hole into her life whether or not they were making a game together.

After all she was his losing game or that's what Y/n thought to herself, she'd never let Erich have the upper hand she do anything to make sure he stood in his lane, but something about him just kept tracking her back to him, though it wasn't as if she had any feeling for the guy.

How could she kid herself, Erich was an arrogant asshole who thought nothing more than his own pleasures, I mean he's proved that more than once to her. "Fuck Y/n! Get that stupid-ass-prick out of your head!" She shouted at herself.

"Wow...Didn't know you missed me that much..." a voice jeered from the left corner of her hearing making her freeze a little in her track.

"What?" She turned.

So you guys might have hated me for a bit cuz ik my lack of updating probably irritates you but I'm sorry. I'll try and update more, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter cuz I know it's been a hot minute. ;)