Chapter 21

( - )

Chapter 21

( - )

(In Earthland)

The triumphant group's return from Edolas ended up being less than spectacular. With all of them just being spat out of a large portal in the sky, after which they were sent tumbling through the air, and the leafy canopy of the forest below, and landing in a heap on the ground with a loud thump.

Their arrival causing the birds in the nearby trees to take to the air in fright, even as the Anima above the forest just outside of Magnolia rapidly consumed itself and then dispersed. The last connection between the two worlds closing, locking the two off permanently. All of them grumbling and groaning as they sat up and looked around.

"Hey everyone I think we're home!" Natsu shouted loudly, the pink haired Dragon Slayer being the first of the group to speak up as he leapt up off of the floor and looked around, a large grin on his face as he saw the familiar, and to him, normal looking forest around him. A far cry from the distinctly alien landscape of Edolas.

"No shit." Gajeel grumbled irritably as he too got to his feet, brushing twigs and leafs out of his matted black mane and off his dirty battle scarred clothing, before he looked around, taking in the forms of Wendy, Carla, Happy and Lucy as they too started getting up and looking around. All of them grumbling and groaning as the brushed dirt and fallen leafs off of them

"Is everyone here?" Percy suddenly asked, his voice catching everyone's attention as they looked up only to see that the dark haired wizard was already on his feet, his right hand resting absentmindedly on the golden hilt of the longsword he had sheathed on his hip, noticeably the Ace of Fairy Tail had also seemingly acquired another curved sword.

This though was not what caught most everyone else attention enough, instead they were looking over at the very familiar looking, and intimidating red haired woman standing beside him, an intensely curious look on her face as she looked around the area, her thick, shiny red hair threaded through with twigs and leafs she hadn't bothered to brush off of her, and a spear leaning casually on her shoulder.

"Hey evil Erza is here too!" Natsu shouted, his eyes widening as he pointed at the scantily clad Erza Knightwalker. The once feared Fairy Hunter and Edolas counterpart of their own Erza Scarlet.

"Well of course she is, Percy invited her along. Don't you remember?" Lucy shouted out in irritation, slapping Natsu on the shoulder in exacerbation as she did so, before she stood up, instinctively checking on her Celestial Keys, after which she began to argue with the truculent looking Natsu.

Percy cocked his eyebrow at this interaction before he looked away and ignored it as Lucy and Natsu began to bicker whilst Happy flew around gleefully, exulting in being home. Looking away he instead reached down and helped Wendy to her feet, an awkward smile on his face as he felt her small, delicate hand in his own and her hazel brown eyes on him as he pulled the young girl gently to her feet. The girls white furred companion, Carla, already at her side.

"Are you okay?" Percy asked his supposed daughter softly, scanning her face trying to pick out any familiar features as he helped her up. Noticing as he did that there were some slight similarities in their facial features, not enough to confirm anything. Plus there were more differences than similarities, her features were gentler than his more angled ones, her hair was blue as oppose to being dark black, her eyes were a soft hazel, not a piercing sea green. That being said she had his slightly crooked smile, and her soft eyes were shaped in a way reminiscent of Percy's mother, Sally.

It was possible that she was his daughter, his previous children had not always looked exactly like him. Then again considering that God's had no DNA that Percy could pass on maybe that wasn't so surprising. Nor had any of his previous three children inherited his powers, like Legacies sometimes did, the inherently magical nature of the Earthlanders, and the way they were adapted to absorbing Ethernano not exactly complimenting Percy's godly origins. Though they did have some of his traits, or affinities to certain magics related to their grandfathers domains.