Chapter 20

( - )

(Last Time)

From the head of the group, Pantherlily turned his head, his lip curling upwards, revealing a set of sharp teeth as he looked at the solider for a moment, before he saw he was pointing down toward the ground. With Pantherlily's cat like eyes following the man's arm, before locking onto what he was gesturing at, a large tree like structure, one which had windows and a large orange banner overhead which said 'Fairy Tail'.

"We've found the Fairy Tail Guild!" The soldier then continued, stating the obvious as he did so.

"Begin the descent, we've found our quarry!" Pantherlily roared out, gaining the attention of the rest of the mounted army as he gripped the reigns of his Legion and led the charge. The hundred or so giant grey beast descending toward the ground, even as the dozens of airships behind them altered their course. The Edolesian army now closing in on their foe.

( - )

Chapter 20

( - )

(In the throne room of the Royal Palace)

"What is going on out there?! Where is Byro? What is the progress of the plan?!" King Faust demanded angrily, his face scrunched up in irritation as he glared around his large, throne room, his gaze flickering over the dozen or so armed and armoured guards around him, and at his messenger Coco. All of them twitching and at the sharpness in his voice, and the look of fury in his eyes.

"Well!" Both anger and confusion tinged the King's tone as he tried to work out what was going on, after all it felt like everything was spiralling out of control. He had sent Pantherlily and most of his army off to wipe out the Fairy Tail Guild, and had sent his Chief Scientist, Byro, to set up the Anima machine to start draining Earthland of more magical power, an entire countries worth this time, if not more. A quantity that should be more than enough to begin his plan to grind the Exceeds under his heel, and provide the Kingdom with a source of infinite magic.

Despite the importance of everything that was going on however, he had heard nothing from any of his commanders, or their lieutenants. In fact everything had been silent, from all fronts, and he had no idea how anything was progressing. Had Byro turned on the machine and begun the process of draining the parallel world of Earthland of magic? Had Pantherlily wiped out the last facet of resistance, Fairy Tail? Had Erza Knightwalker been found, or was she dead in a ditch somewhere? He was blind to the on goings in his Kingdom, and he hated it!

"Coco you idiot girl! Go find out what is happening, I demand to know!" Faust shouted, his gaze locking onto the younger girl, who flinched at the sound of his voice, before she scuttled off to fulfil his orders.

"Y-yes your Majesty!" Coco replied shakily, before she gladly dashed away, bursting through the doors at the far end of the cavernous throne room, thankful to be away from the brooding and unpredictable King.

King Faust scowled at that, even as he began to drum his fingers on the arm of his throne impatiently. With Sugarboy in jail, awaiting his punishment for his failure, and with Knightwalker missing presumed dead, he now only had three lieutenants left. Byro, his Chief Scientist, who was currently operating the Anima machine. Hughes one of his military Commanders, the one who was currently overseeing the forces left in the Capital City and protecting the Anima machine, which was especially important with the plan being so close to completion. And then there was Pantherlily, a filthy Exceed, but a capable and loyal solider, one of his most powerful ones, who at that moment was exterminating the last forces of resistance in the Kingdom.