Chapter 18

( - )

(Last Time)

"Come on this is where our Guild mates are being kept, and where Perseus said he'd meet us." Lucy spoke up. "We're going to need to sneak in and try and find where they're being kept."

"Uh, um... are you really going to fight the kingdom?" Edo Natsu shouted after them, as the group began to walk away from the car, throwing a few goodbyes and thankyous over their shoulders as they did so.

Natsu looked back. "Maybe, I dunno. We just want to save our friends. I guess... if they don't let them go, well, then I guess won't have a choice..."

Edo Natsu lowered his gaze. "T-there's no way you'll win... not against the Royal Army."

In response Natsu simply grinned.

( - )

Chapter 18

( - )

(With Percy, in the Royal City of Edolas)

"So, I take it that, that is the lacrima that they are all trapped in, is it?" Percy mused as he looked up at the giant, pale blue crystal like structure in front of him, one which was currently surrounded by a crowd of cheering people.

Among whom Percy had blended in with, his face, body and weapons all currently being covered in a long, black cloak, one which he had taken from one of the Edolas soldiers he had disabled, back when he was stealing their ride. The airship in question now waiting abandoned a few miles outside of the city, hidden behind a rocky outcropping, ready in case they needed it.

"What? Oh, I take it your talking about your Guild, the Earthland Fairy Tail?" Erza Knightwalker asked carefully, her brown eyes shifting to look at Percy, before she too looked over at the lacrima, a wistful expression on her face at the sight of all of that magical power, forgetting for a moment about just where that power came from.

The redhead in question, like Percy, wearing a hooded cloak of her own, one which hid her distinctive features from sight as she stood beside Percy, her hands no longer bound, as the two of them stood in the midst of a large crowd of people, many of whom were far more eccentrically dressed than them, and all of whom were cheering at the sight of the lacrima.

That being said, although she had helped him commandeer and airship, and sneak into the Royal City, she still maintained she was not actually helping him, with her instead only sticking close and assisting him in getting into the Royal City so that she could betray him at the most opportune moment, which would then allow her to regain much of the standing she had lost when she had failed to capture him in the first place.

Percy, in response merely nodded his head at her question, his gaze turning solemn as he heard the crowd around him cheering and shouting at the sight of the lacrima, and at the King's impending speech. His sea green eyes holding a slightly harder edge than usual, at the grating sound of people celebrating whilst his Guild was in peril. His finely controlled temper starting to fray and snap.

"No, that's only a part of it, the rest of the lacrima is hidden on one of the floating islands near Extalia." Erza replied, her brow furrowed as she tried to tell herself that the lacrima in front of her was just that a lacrima, as opposed to it being people, people that her own kingdom had reduced down to little more than fuel.

Though it was getting harder and harder to do that, especially since she had met Percy and had seen how much he cared for the people the Kingdom had taken from him. It made it a lot harder to justify the part she played, minor though it was, and it was also that realisation that made her question the other actions she had taken whilst serving the Kingdom.