Chapter 26 In Time

Kihyun's POV-

       I sat on the chair in front of the window, spacing out. As I was thinking about stuff, someone knocked on the window. I looked up to see a tall man wearing a suit. He slid something in through the cash window, turned around and left. I watched his retrieving back in confusion before looking at the object he placed in front of me.

It was a watch.

Jooheon's POV-

"Still working for that agency?" I.M asked.

"Nah, done with it already. I got another case today," I replied as I sat down on my chair.

"Woah, already?" He asked.

"Yup," I answered.

"Man, slow down. Don't you need to rest? You could have told the boss to give it to someone else," He said.

"I got enough rest yesterday. Plus, I need to spend some time with you too." I smiled at him.

       He let out a laugh before going back to his work. I turned back to my computer and looked at the screen. 'It's not like I have anything to do in my free time.' It was better to be here rather than being in my apartment. It was the same anyway, just here, I had something I could focus on and forget about him. But back there, I would be locked up in my own thoughts, my regrets. At least here I had Changkyun.

I lifted the keyboard and pulled out the photos I had placed there. 'If only I could save you.' I thought as I looked at the photo of Kihyun in my hand.

Y/N POV-

       The next day was eventless. I didn't see anyone and just carried on with my daily activities. The day after that, I woke up, did my morning drill and was ready to leave for college. I locked the door before stuffing the keys in my pocket and turning to walk to the elevator. As I was walking, I heard a door open and shut with a soft click behind me. 'That must be Kihyun,' I thought. I turned around to greet him but instead, my gaze met with someone else's.

      It was a man who just walked out of Kihyun's apartment and was walking towards the elevator. What left me frozen in place was that he wasn't completely unfamiliar to me. 'Lee...Jooheon...?' I watched in shock until he entered the elevator and was now out of sight. 'What is he doing here? Why is he in Kihyun's apartment? Did Kihyun succeed in bringing him back? But where is Kihyun?' My brain went wild with thoughts. I just stood there thinking about whatever was happening. At this point, saying I was confused was an understatement. I was freaking out.

I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled Kihyun's number.

"This number does not exist. Please check your contact again." 'What? How?' I gulped and ran to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited for it to arrive anxiously. Once it did, I quickly got in and went to the ground floor and the lobby. I knocked on the landlord's door and he opened the door to me.

"H-Hello, um the person that lives opposite to me uh did he go somewhere?" I asked.

"I don't think so, he went to work just now didn't he?" He replied.

"You mean that tall guy?" I said pointing outside.

"Yeah, Lee Jooheon." He said nonchalantly.

"His name... is Lee Jooheon? The guy who lives across from me?" I asked desperately seeking to find the lie in this mess.

"Yes." The landlord said.

"What about... Yoo Kihyun then?" I asked panicking.

"Yoo Kihyun? I don't know any Yoo Kihyun who lives here." He said.