Chapter 19 Hidden Despairs

Y/N's POV-

"Hyungwon," I called out.

"Dinner's ready," I said louder this time.

      I set our plates down on the table and looked in his study room's direction, expecting him to come out. But the door didn't open. I didn't want to bother him since he might've been working on the watch so I decided to wait for him. When he didn't come even after a while and the food was getting cold, I ate my dinner and took the plate to his room.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response. I heard a muffled 'What is it?' from inside.

"I brought your dinner," I said.

        After that, I heard some shuffling and footsteps before he slowly opened the door a little and stuck his hand out. I put the plate on his hand and he pulled it in before shutting the door again. I sighed before going to the living room and sitting down on the couch. I picked up my phone from the coffee table and checked if I got any messages.

I was kind of surprised when I saw Wonho had texted me. I read his texts and replied to them, earning his replies. We texted for a while before it was around 10:00 when I went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        The next day, I woke up, freshened up and went to wake Hyungwon. After the struggle, I made some breakfast for us and wasted some time on my phone. I realised that I needed to get a few more clothes and other important stuff from my house so I decided to go home.

       I put my phone down on the table before going to Hyungwon's room. I knocked on the door and waited before he opened it to reveal himself in a bathrobe. Tiny water drops dripped down his wet bangs as he looked at me. I found myself frozen. His looks were seriously shocking.

"Did you forget what you were here for?" He asked.

I regained my composure, pushing away the thoughts related to his current clothing.

"I uh, I came to tell you that I'm going home to get something," I said.

He opened his mouth to argue but I cut him off.

"I'm taking a taxi there so I'll be okay. Plus, I don't think they'll be there now," I said.

He sighed placing his hand on his forehead.

"Fine, come back soon," Hyungwon said.

"I will," I said smiling at him.

He looked a little taken aback and closed the door in my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I stepped out of the taxi and paid the driver before walking in through the gate. I went up the elevator to my apartment before unlocking the door and walking in. I took everything I wanted and put it inside my bag. I was almost done and was about to leave when I heard a scream. I looked in the direction in shock. It was coming from Kihyun's door.

     I left my bag and ran to his place. The door wasn't locked so I opened it and rushed in. All the lights were off and the curtains were covering the windows, engulfing the whole place in darkness. I looked around but Kihyun was nowhere to be seen.

"Kihyun!" I called out but heard no reply.

      I rushed to the kitchen but he wasn't there. I searched for him until I heard someone crying. It was coming from the bedroom I pushed the door open to find the whole place in a mess. It was dark and there were shattered glass and papers everywhere. I knew Kihyun to be a very organized person so that was shocking. I looked for him and spotted him sat on the ground beside the bed, surrounded by photos and shattered glass.