Chapter 3 Dream Void

I opened my eyes to find myself in a dark place. I blinked a few times and squinted my eyes to see where I was. I could hear something distant. I couldn't quite say what it was since the sound wasn't clear. Slowly my hearing and vision became clearer. I was standing on a familiar road and it was raining. The raindrops hit the ground, creating the crashing sound.

     In the distance, I could see a figure standing with an umbrella in their hand. It was the man in the suit. He raised his hand and looked at his wrist, then at me. His face became clearer and I saw that it was the same man I met at the cafe. I saw his lips move as if he was saying something but his voice wasn't clear due to the rain and the distance between us.

     I looked at my feet and saw the watch lying on the ground. I picked it up but just then, a pattern appeared inside the dial. The rain suddenly stopped and everything around me started to change. I was suddenly teleported into a subway station. I could hear the loud, deafening sound of a train rushing closer until it went past me.

       I gasped as I opened my eyes wide as I broke out in cold sweat. I was in my room, in my bed. I sat up and held my head in my hands. I was panting heavily and my head felt like it was about to burst. 'It was only a dream.' I thought to myself. I looked over at the wall clock to see that it was 6:19 in the morning. Today was Sunday so I didn't need to wake up early so I went back to sleep.

     I woke up once again an hour later and did my usual morning routine. I didn't have anything to do so I just watched movies for a while. I was on my couch, watching the T.V when my phone started ringing. It was Minhyuk who was calling me. I answered it and brought my phone close to my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Y/N, Shownu and I decided to go for lunch outside. Wanna come?" Minhyuk said.

"Sure," I answered since I had no plans anyway.

"Alright, I'll come and pick you up at 12:45. Be ready," He said happily.

"Okay, bye," I said.

"Bye," He said before hanging up.

       I saw that the time was 11:34 right now. I still had a lot of time so I continued watching T.V until it was noon. I got up to get ready. I changed into a pale blue sweater, beige coat and black jeans. I took a purse with money and my phone.

When it was around 12:45, Minhyuk arrived at my apartment. We walked to a restaurant and saw Shownu waiting there for us.

"Hey, Shownu!" Minhyuk yelled waving his hand at him before running up to him.

"Hi, Minhyuk, Y/N," Shownu said.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Let's go in~" Minhyuk chimed.

We went in and sat at a table.

"I heard there are all kinds of delicious foods here," Minhyuk said.

"You say that when you're not even going to eat that much," I stated.

"At least I eat more than you do." He argued.

"From what I've heard, boys have a bigger appetite than girls so I eat just enough," I stated.

"Hmph!" He puffed his cheeks.

I smirked at him before looking over at Shownu who was busy deciding what to order. He must have found the whole menu drool-worthy since he was completely immersed in the menu.

"We're not that rich to order the whole menu, Shownu. Choose one," Minhyuk teased him.

Shownu scratched the back of his head shyly as he laughed it off.