EPISODE 8

" Four toffee nut cappuccinos!" I read out the last few orders as the day comes to an end.

"On it!" Kayla responds. It's been three days since I went to JJ's house and everything's been on track post that. All assignments complete, I'm on time for work, Christmas is one month away and Paige's love story is escalating quickly.

"Done! The day's over!" Hayden exclaims with a relieved look.

"Aurelia..." I turn around to find Oliver looking distressed.

"I've told you, Oliver. I'm not yet ready to talk," I step back. He almost says something but Carl walks into the kitchen.

"Guys! Starbucks completes ten years tomorrow and you've all done a great job! Party's on me tonight!" He heartily laughs. This is the first time I'm seeing Carl laugh and his smile is contagious. Reading my thoughts, Pierson comments, "You should laugh more often, Carl!"

"Be there at nine tonight! El parral club!" Carl says in a singsong tone before walking out.

All of us turn to each other and shriek happily!

"How about I pick you guys?" Hayden raises his brow hinting that he's bought a new car.

"You got a car?" I impatiently question. He nods and everyone starts hugging Hayden. Oliver has disappeared by now...

" What can you wear?" Zoe questioningly stares at my wardrobe as Blaire pulls my hair into curls.

"How about the green dress?" I suggest.

"You'll look like a grinch!" Gabby smirks.

"Black one?" I monotonously ask.

"You've worn it too often!" Blaire answers.

"I'm not going on a date! Just let me wear anything!"

" Yeah.. why not just let you go like a fuzzball?" Paige mocks.

"Oh my god! Where's your sea blue dress?" Blaire jumps excitedly.

"Umm... the second shelf?" I take a random guess and luckily it is in its place.

" This with your knee-length boots!" Blaire envisions and so do I.

"Wow!" I reflexively exclaim as Paige pulls out the boots. After getting dressed, I receive a long list of not-to-do things from my current mom, our so-called Zoe. The list includes commands such as 'do not turn off your phone at any cost', 'anything goes wrong-call', and the very famous one, 'Do not accept anything from a stranger.'

As planned, Hayden picks all of us in his brand new car and Pierson gets a call from Carl. I nudge her and gesture for her to answer the call on speaker mode.

"It's nine! You guys are late!" Carl anxiously comments and all of us burst out laughing. Late for a party? We can expect this from either Carl or JJ.

"Almost there!" Pierson screams into the phone.

"Aurelia's with you right?" He strangely questions. Me? What?

"I think he's drunk already!" Kayla mutters and all of us start giggling again.

"Yep, she's here. See you soon!" Pierson hangs up.

The club is wild and thrilling. People everywhere! On the drinks counter, dance floor, couch. The music is loud enough to make my skin tingle as the bass thumps. Over the music, some sort of cheering and hooting can be heard. Colorful neon lights flash everywhere, lifting my mood. Pierson pulls me into the crowd and I don't resist the urge to join the crowd. Music is playing the role of adrenaline, making everyone dance. Everyone's dancing- boys, girls, good dancers, bad dancers, introverts, extroverts, singles, couples, and no one's judging! This is exactly how life should be, like a nightclub! You dance at your own pace and be what you want to!