EPISODE - 14

JUSTICE JAX QUENTIN

All the memories gush back as if it were still happening and I were the same 5 year old boy who was senseless and a fool.

15 years back:-

"Mumma!! Can you please tie these up!!" A 5 year old boy calls out to his mom with a football in his tiny little hands. She arrives in a few minutes, with her ever- so- charming and the boy's favorite smile!

"Jared! Honey, did you finish your cereal?" She gently brushes her finger against his nose lovingly as he nods a yes in response.

"Mumma, I've read my alphabet and finished the homework as well!" Sydney praises him and gently pecks him on the cheek before making him sit on the sofa and beginning to tie his shoelaces. Soon, a 2 year old boy staggers into the room as he gabs incomprehensible words.

"Mmm...aaa ," He calls out to his mom and Sydney picks him up in his arms lovingly and seats him next to Jared.

"Ja...wed ," The 2 year old giggles looking at Jared as Jared makes funny faces at him.

"I love you Archie!!" Jared hugs his little brother and gives him a little peck before turning to his mom and asking her innocently, "Mumma, can Archie play football with me?"

Sydney smiles at his innocence before answering, "No, honey. He's too small for football now... Once he grows up?"

"Okay mumma! Will you play with me?" Jared asks, putting out his hands for his mother to lift him in her arms which she does.

"Not now, baby... Dad's working and baby Archel has to eat... We'll play after you're done playing with your friends?" Sydney gleams at Jared.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

And in return Jared hugs Sydney tightly and also meets dad before heading out to play football.

"Hi Jared!" All his friends greet him and Jared gives everyone a candy that he managed to sneak out of his home.

"Jared, gimme the pink one please!" Mia asks. Mia is Jared's neighbor, Quentin's oldest daughter and is 2 years older to him.

"Hi!" A 10 year old girl walks up to them with not a very pleasant attitude.

" Hi Amora! You want some candy?" Jared offers but she takes the candy and flings it in the other direction.

" Its okay... You wanna play?" Jared asks but Amora makes a face at him, denying it.

"You go play, poor Jared! I'm gonna learn how to shoot today!" And with that she leaves. Gathering no meaning out of this, Jared and his friends continue to play football till the sun sets.

As Jared walks home with his soiled clothes and a candy for Archel, he hopes that his mom is done with all the household chores so that he can play with her. But little did the boy know... that Sydney would never be able to play again...

As Jared nears his home, he notices red and blue lights flashing and many people surrounding his house. 'What happened?' Jared thinks, as he makes his way through the crowd. He notices the yellow caution tape and assumes that there's a halloween party at home today... 3 police officers stand right outside the house gates and Jared looks around to see Mia's mom sobbing silently and Mia's grandma comforting her...