EPISODE 6

"I'm tired of walking to college. You have to wake up early, leave home on time, and bla bla ,"

I complain during lunch, sitting in the college cafeteria.

" Get a bike!" Zoe reminds me as she continues reading her novel. She's been reading the same novel for the past two weeks and that is way too long for Zoe to finish a book.

"I don't know which one I want," I say, taking another bite of the awful salad which Zoe convinces me to try for the fifth time. Zoe can skillfully talk me into things, which I deny or dislike. In a way, it's made me resilient.

"Sup!" Blaire greets, taking a seat in front of me.

"Take a guess," Zoe suggests and Blaire gives me a look before accurately predicting what we were chattering about. We discuss bikes for a few more minutes before the topic diverts to our next classes.

"I've got 'theory of structures'," Zoe sighs, indicating the monotony of the subject. Personally, I never found anything interesting in history. Neither the topics nor the teachers.

"We have a presentation on cognition. You've got the flash drive right?" Blaire vaguely asks and I reply by pulling out the same from my pocket.

"Jesus Christ, Aurelia!" Blaire and Zoe exclaim simultaneously. I avert my eyes to the drive in my hand only to figure out that it belongs to Gabby. Oops! I flip the flash drive over again and again as if it'll miraculously switch places with mine which is currently with Gabrielle Reese. Immediately pulling out my phone, I almost call her but right then, she calls Blaire.

"I know! So who's going to exchange the drive?" Blaire questions before Gabby speaks up. Obviously, I was the idiot who switched drives (hey! It was a misunderstanding) so I'm the one who's gonna go. It's lunch now, I've got forty minutes to walk, yeah WALK from my college to Gabby's. Wasting no time, I head towards Gabby's college.

Just great! It feels like life is giving me reasons to exercise. Run from Theo's egging session, weight lifting with Quentin's wheel, afternoon walk to Gabby's college and if not more, jogging up and down the stairs at home at least a hundred times just because I forgot something. Having no more patience, I start running, as fast as I can, as far as my legs take me. It's thrilling to have the wind blowing through your hair, leaving the feeling of freshness behind as if it's the new beginning of you even though the post feeling of exhaustion sucks! This is exactly why I fancy bikes. It's fun, thrilling and nothing I wouldn't like. People always think even though they won't say it, that psychologists are meant to be sweet, nice, understanding, and innocent. You have to be understanding which I believe everyone is, but I'm defiant of the innocent and simple part. I mean what's typical in this world anymore?

After a good five minutes, I'm drained and back to the walking pace, I'd rather call it plodding. Gabby's college is right around the corner but I've started to miss Paige's bike. If it were here, I wouldn't have to wake up early for college. It's all JJ's fault! He shouldn't have parked his car in my area that day! He's a pain in the ass! ' you were the one who was speeding,' my inner voice taunts. Okay! Let's not blame anyone here...

After what feels like ages, I stand in front of Gabby's college smiling like a moron. I REACHED!!! Walking into the campus, a guard blocks my way. Cool, how could I forget this?

"We can't let you in without your ID!" He holds his hand out for the ID which doesn't exist.

"I'm not a student here. I need to return this flash drive to my friend and if I don't, I'll be in serious trouble!" I stupidly blabber not realizing that my words won't get me in. I try to call Gabby but strangely her phone's switched off. Wonderful, Aurelia!