EPISODE 11(PART 1)

You know what’s worse than a fight? Knowing that you can avoid it but still dragging yourself into it and that is exactly what I am doing right now. Standing inside the luxurious Quentin mansion with a languid expression whereas the others are admiring the sophisticatedly decorated mansion. Escort for the guests, elegantly dressed people(including us), red wine, cuisines from all over the world, classic music playing in the background, a garden party, huge dining tables all over the ballroom, yeah… they have a freaking ballroom! It's a royal thing here and I’m happy for all the disney I ever saw. I’m also grateful that Paige forced me to wear this ombre evening gown because I was planning on wearing something casual but the standards here are...they are pretty high.

I force my brain to recall dining etiquettes but only a few things come through.On the positive side, at least I recognise the dessert spoon. Paige is looking around for someone and that has to be Theo whereas Gabby is smiling at her friends. Zoe is gazing at the place as I interpreted and Blaire...Poor girl! She looks like she’s gonna pass out being around so many people. Me? I’m hoping that I don’t have to cross paths with JJ which is nearly impossible but there’s always hope. Out of nowhere, sounds of camera shutters fill the room and all heads turn towards the enormous  door from where a girl walks in with the paparazzi buzzing around. Blonde hair, gold stilettos, a black Givenchy gown, nails complementing the stilettos, assistants around and a subtle yet devil like smile. I know this so well…

“Mia Ember Quentin ,” Someone lets out a sigh beside us. Don’t know about her, but her dress is flattering. Her dress alone can get me a new closet. Her smile widens and she slightly waves at the whole room and everyone takes this as a signal to continue with whatever they were upto. I’m still looking at her. Two people walk up to her and give her a formal hug. That has to be Mr and Mrs. Quentin. After their little tête-a-tête, Mia glances in our direction and makes a disgusted face which is not directed at me. I turn around to find Zoe scrunching her nose. 

“Why is she doing that to you?” I inquire. 

“She’s indirectly pointing out at my outfit ,” Zoe whispers back, still glaring in Mia’s direction. Well, I've heard stories of Mia making some creatively rude statements on people’s outfits. Zoe curses Mia before storming away to the gardens. I stand in my place with nothing to do and avert my eyes all over the place. There’s a woman talking to someone who’s wearing a gown I saw on the internet. There are a few people I recognise from Gabby’s college. Blaire and Paige are nowhere to be seen. Just me standing like a fool, in a room full of unknowns. Can I go eat something? Five minutes ago, there was food everywhere and now it's all gone! If mom were here with me, she’d give me a list of commands, ‘don’t pout!’, ‘Look at your posture,Aura!’, ‘Gosh Aura! You are stepping on your gown,’ and a lot more. She loves me a lot but is always trying to refine my lady-like skills which are non-existent. Dad on the other hand would make me laugh by saying things like, ‘im lucky to have your mom as my wife and not my mom’. My brother… he would be in my shoes, dying out of boredom. 

I snap out of my thoughts when the sound of camera shutters reaches me and once again, everyone turns to the door. This time, it's Theo with an old woman by his side. Theodore is wearing a grey Gucci blazer and the old woman next to him is dressed in Dior couture. This family doesn’t spare a chance on parading their wealth. Without greeting or acknowledging anyone else in the room, Theo walks straight up to Paige (and he’s dragging the old lady along). 

“H...h...hi!” Theo hesitates and runs a hand through his hair. This is always fun to watch! 

“Hello ladies! I am Jia, Theo’s soon to be wife!” the old lady next to him winks. Listening to this, all color drains from Paige’s face and before she processes anything, Theo chuckles, “Oh come on, gigi! She’s kidding. She’s my grandma!”