EPISODE 4

Gabby's college looks nothing like ours. The road leading up to the office building is almost a mile long and on either side, there are blocks for the different departments. The buildings are ancient looking with overgrown creepers spreading across the brick walls. Gabby shivers violently out of fear while the rest of us are busy admiring the view and examining the surrounding. Frankly speaking, this place could be used really well for Halloween with some carved out pumpkins and spider webs hanging all over the campus and the dean as a vampire.

" It's no wonder that people like Theo come here. This place looks freaky," reading our minds, Blaire comments but Gabby doesn't take any note. Paige takes a slight offense which is noticeable on her face and in return to annoy her more, I agree with Blaire. Stepping inside the office building, the change in atmosphere throws me off. This place is à la mode! inspirational quotes in captivating colors cover the wall and the reception area is perfectly furnished with a nice young lady behind it, flashing smiles at people as if this is some sort of fairyland. The hallway leading to the dean's office is welcoming and if we weren't here to get rebuked, I'd be clicking pictures.

" Gabrielle Reese! Mr.Quentin has been here for the past ten minutes and he dislikes waiting," the receptionist is still smiling. Is she psychotic? Who smiles for such things? And we're not here for an interview that being late can cause us harm. She walks us down the unnecessarily long hallway, gabbing about how Mr.Quentin is. He hates being late, he doesn't stand people who fight him back, an apology means nothing to him-its either you never ever repeat it(not even in your thoughts) or go to hell, he's determined and doesn't give a second thought before firing people. In short, he's a jerk. One thing I know now for sure is that Theo gets the gitty attitude from his dad.

" This guy sounds like a mafia," Paige remarks. I look beside me and Gabby looks like she's hyperventilating.

"Nothing's gonna happen. Chill out!" I whisper and continue following the receptionist's words.

" he looks handsome but is extremely straightforward," okay, okay! Why are we discussing his looks now and where does this hallway end? Matching pace with the receptionist, I question, " why are you telling us about him? I understand that he's pretty serious but how bad can it be?"

"Well, what if I tell you he's Satan's son?" This lady is still smiling. Her words send all of us to silent mode, making our assumptions on what is gonna happen. The rest of the walk is wordless. Satan's son! A cool abbreviation but not at this moment. We already have the threat of being suspended dancing around us and to make this merrier, Mr.Quentin sounds messed up. The eggs didn't hit Theo, that's a plus point but I have absolutely no clue how they're gonna take it.

"Here we are!" Saying this, the receptionist leaves. I feel like a kindergartener whose mom dropped her at school on the first day and the kid feels lonely and afraid.

"You walk in first!" I nudge Blaire and she denies, passing the nudge to Paige.

"Gabby you go! It's your college," Paige says but Gabby looks like she's gonna cry. Oh please don't cry right now cuz even I'm gonna join you Gabby. We continue nudging each other for minutes before we conclude on rock-paper-scissors.

"Rock!"

"Paper!"

"Scissor!"

"Shoot!"

And Paige is going in first followed by Blaire, me, and Gabby. Slowly pushing open the door, Paige walks in and forgetting the order we created, the rest of us herd inside. The first person I see is Theo who's looking tense and this sends panic through me. The dean is standing next to his chair, arms folded, greedy look, foolish smile, and there, on the dean's chair with ocean blue eyes, firm look, and the same muscular arms still capable to slap me down to the floor, sits the stranger from yesterday! What? Where's Mr.Quentin? Why the hell is he here?! I glance back and forth at Theo and the guy in front of me and they have the same eyes! Holy lord! He's Theo's father?