Magnetic (Part 1)

Third Person POV

    "Give it up, Egghead! You'll never win!" Sonic yelled from below the scientist, who was perched inside his newest ten-story tall mech--the Eggking 2000. Sonic and all of his friends were in their battle stances, ready for anything.

      "I'll never give up, you little rat! Now, come and taste defeat!" he challenged and motioned with the robot's mechanical hand. 

     The blue blur zoomed forward and fought valiantly, but the mad scientist managed to land one hit that sent the hedgehog flying back to his friends. Tails and Knuckles caught him just before he hit the ground.

     "Want some help?" Tails asked, and Sonic laughed.

       "You just want some of the action, but sure. Let's finish this up and go get something eat after."

     "Sounds good to us," they agreed, and everyone charged at the giant machine. 

     Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails took on the front, trying to land hits wherever they could on any weak spots and keep Eggman distracted, while Amy, Blaze, and Rouge, worked with Shadow and Silver to strike from behind with combinations of their powers and precise hits to joints or the head. The Chaotix, plus Cream and Cheese, fought from below and tried to weaken the legs of the robot and therefore destabilize it. 

    Dr. Eggman soon realized that his plan was quickly failing, so as a last resort, he launched the self-destruct sequence and ejected from the mech in his eggmobile. Sonic and Shadow spindashed inside of the robot and grabbed the two chaos emeralds powering it before zooming back out with a few seconds to spare.

     "We can't let him get away!" Silver exclaimed, and everyone began to run past the now still machine to follow the human dictator. But the sound of the countdown reached Rouge and Shadow's sensitive ears at the same time.

     "Everyone! Get down!" they ordered at the same time, but it was too late. 

      The Eggking 2000 suddenly exploded in a wave of heat and energy, sending everyone flying. But just as the energy washed over them, Amy gold bracelets lightly tapped Shadow's identical inhibitor rings. The two hedgehogs landed on the ground with a thud, as pain shot through them from their bands. 

       "Aaaaaaaahh!" Amy screamed, as every fiber of her being felt like it was run over by an eighteen-wheeler, "HELP ME!" 

     Shadow roared in similar pain, as the already unstable chaotic energy inside of him went haywire. It felt as though he was being ripped apart and shoved back together all at once mercilessly. 

    A streak of electricity shot from Amy's left band to Shadow's right before the two fell into unconsciousness...

     Shadow was the first to wake up several seconds later. He saw his teammates staring down at him and someone else worriedly, but he couldn't tell who. He sat up and went to rub his head when he felt a weight on his wrist.

     "What?" he asked and looked down to see his inhibitor ring attached a similar gold bangle, which was attached to a familiar peach-colored arm. He tried raising his hand again to find that her hand went up with it. She stirred slightly and woke up; she sat up and rubbed her eyes with the opposite hand, not yet aware of the situation. 

        "I feel awful," she commented absently.

   Not as bad as I feel right now, Shadow thought. Amy turned to him with a confused expression on her face. 

    "What do you mean, Shadow?" she asked. His eyes widened ever so slightly.

     "I didn't say anything," he replied.