Vivid Memory (Boom! Shadow)

Disclaimer: I don't characters or images!

Author's Note: This has been stuck in my head for a while now, and I finally decided to try writing it. I don't do a lot of Sonic Boom stuff,so please tell me what you think! 

Third Person POV

1500 years ago...

    Running. That was all they had been doing for the past hour. Run, Stop, Turn, Dodge, Run. The cycle was endless. But all they knew was that they had to get out of the facility. This was their last chance for freedom, and they knew it. 

    There were five of them, three boys and two girls, and all of them were mobians. One was a purple chameleon with golden eyes and a horn to match. He was always silent, meditating, honing the power he had been given. But now he was running noiselessly, watching out for anyone that would come up behind them with a shuriken in his hand. 

    Above him was a white bat with turquoise eyes and black wings. A tight black jumpsuit hugged her hourglass figure as she flew, her pink, heart-shaped breastplate and white boots with matching tips standing out from the rest of her outfit. She took on any form of security they came across to help slow down the ones tracking them. 

   The second male was a dark gray jackal with white hair. A white stripe that almost appeared to be a scar ran across his left eye, accenting his mismatched eyes. He stayed close to the chameleon to aid him should he need it and would cut through any defenses that blocked their way.

     The two final runaways were a pair of hedgehogs, one carrying the other to save time. The female was a soft golden color with gentle, sickly blue eyes that matched her loose dress. She clung to her rescuer tightly, feeling that she would faint any second. 

   The one holding her, and the leader of the small group, was a black hedgehog with crimson stripes on his quills, arms, and legs. His ruby eyes darted everywhere as they ran. He wouldn't dare skate with the weak girl in his arms. The intensity could kill her. So he stayed with the others, but he knew they were running out of time before they could get out. They had to be close though. He could feel it. Soon they would be free from their captors, free from enslavement, and free from the procedure that made him into the monster he was. 

    "We're almost there," he whispered to the girl in his arms as a natural light appeared ahead of them. But just as they were about to reach it, a large metal door slammed shut, trapping them inside.

     "NO!" the jackal cried as he punched the door. The male hedgehog didn't blame him. He would be doing the same if not worse were his hands not otherwise occupied. The bat landed beside them, and together the five tried to find a way to open the door. 

       "Halt!" they heard someone say behind them. An entourage of the ones who would someday be known as the Ancients stood behind them with their weapons raised. The five escapees stood with their backs to the door, and the black hedgehog tightened his grip on the girl in his arms. 

     "Release us!" the jackal as he brandished his scimitar. The chameleon beside him reached into his glove to retrieve five more shurikens, and the bat pulled out a detonator she had stolen during their escape. The striped hedgehog glanced at his companions and slowly set the blond hedgehog on the floor behind him to protect her. She was far too weak to fight, but he would die before they ever laid a finger on her again.

     "Stand down," one of the guards ordered with his massive gun raised and aimed at the small group, "We do not wish to harm you." 

     "Yeah, right," the bat scoffed, fanning her wings to emphasize her point.