He's A What?! (Boom!Shadow)

Disclaimer: I dont own the characters, only my idea. Shadow does have his chaos powers, only without the emerald. And Knuckles is not a complete idiot.

Third Person POV

It was just another day on Bygone Island. Sonic and his gang were at Meh Burger for lunch. Or at least, the Meh Burger equivalent of it. Their meal was short-lived however, as screams of terror and shooting lasers reached their ears.

"Eggman," they all sighed with a bored expression. Sonic flipped open his schedule book and frowned.

"We just beat him like, two days ago! There's no way he could've rebuilt his army that fast!"

That's when they realized that Eggman wasn't attacking the village. He was in his egg-mobile flying as fast as it would go, while firing lasers at something that was chasing him. A red blur zoomed in between the blasts without stopping, and the gang shared knowing looks. Amy looked to Sonic thoughtfully.

"I wonder what he did to make him mad," she commented. Their team leader shrugged casually.

"With him, he could've just insulted his skates, and he would be hunting Egghead and beating him senseless."

The chase paused momentarily to reveal a black, red streaked, hedgehog with white, black, and red gloves and hoverskates and gold bands around his wrists and ankles. He stood confidently with a frown directed at the human above him.

"Now, now, Shadow. Let's not overreact here."

The antihero's frown turned smug, "Who's overreacting?" his deep, menacing voice asked calmly, "You only tried to trick me into helping one of your ridiculous schemes. Again."

"Trick you?" Eggman laughed nervously, "Whoever told you that?"

Shadow narrowed his eyes and scowled before spin-dashing into the evil "genius's" contraption. The egg-mobile spun violently, and the Sonic crew laughed at Eggman's misfortune. The dark hedgehog smirked with his arms crossed over his chest, as the doctor struggled to get his machine back into his control.

"You will regret that, you troublesome half-breed!"

Gasps were heard around the scene, and the band of heroes looked at Shadow. His arms were by his side with his fists clenched and his ruby eyes narrowed. He let out an almost feral snarl as he spoke.

"You did not just go there," he growled. The mad scientist smirked, knowing he had hit a soft spot for the dangerous hedgehog. Shadow's form emitted a dull red glow as his fury grew. Sonic grabbed his team and told everyone to take cover.

"You shall regret those words, doctor. CHAOS BLAST!"

An explosion of powerful energy exploded from Shadow and sent Dr. Eggman catapulting through the air to some unknown destination. Anything that was caught in the blast had been obliterated. And in the center of it all stood the Ultimate Lifeform himself with his arms crossed and a victorious smirk. Whispers from the ones who had witnessed everything began to circulate, and he frowned in annoyance.

"Thick headed idiots. I don't have time for gossip," he said before teleporting to who knows where.

"What just happened?!" Sticks yelled frantically, pulling on her pigtails, "Shadow is a half breed?! Half of what? I'll bet he's half alien sent to destroy us by calling his terrifying army of lizard people to eat us all! Aaahhh!"

Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles looked at each other anxiously. They had hoped that what had happened on the mainland would stay there. Apparently not, they couldn't lie to a friend and member of the team.

"Actually, Sticks, for once you're not that wrong," Sonic admitted sheepishly. Amy bit her lip.

"Sonic, Shadow wouldn't want us to be talking about him like this, and he promised to put his past behind him."

"She should know," Knuckles said, "He's a total jerk anyways, so why would we care?"

"Knuckles!" Amy scolded, "He may not be the nicest hedgehog on the island, but he's done his fair share of being a hero here and back on the mainland."

The two then began to argue loudly. Tails, Sticks, and Sonic knew there was no point trying to stop them, so they went back to the beach. The paranoid badger went on nonstop about alien invasions and lizard men. Sonic decided that he probably should explain to her what really Shadow really was.

"I'll tell ya everything, but you have to promise not to freak out," he said carefully. She nodded vigorously and sat Indian style in front of him. Sonic scratched his head and began to tell her Shadow's story.

"Well, ya see...Shadow is half alien." She was about to speak, but he stopped her, "He's half Black Arms to be more specific. They're a race of alien conquerors that look a lot like reptiles, led by Black Doom, Shadow's father. He gave Shads his blood when he was being made as part of a deal."

"What do you mean 'made'? What deal?" she interrupted. What did I just get myself into? Shadow is gonna kill me, the blue blur thought.

"Shadow was created by Eggman's grandfather, Gerald Robotnik, to be the Ultimate Lifeform to help find a cure for his granddaughter, who was really sick, onboard a space station called Space Colony Ark. Black Doom made a deal with Gerald that he would give Shadow life if in fifty years, he would gather the Chaos Emeralds and give them to him."

"Where did Eggman's grandpa get that kind of money?" she asked, breaking the story again.

"From...the government," Sonic winced. Sticks went hysterical.

"Hang on!" he said and grabbed her to keep her from running off, "There's more."

"More?!" she shrieked. He nodded and went on to tell how Shadow and Maria, Gerald's granddaughter, became best friends and grew up together, and how she sacrificed herself to save him. And how he was put in stasis for fifty years and when the Black Comet returned. And finally how Shadow turned against Black Doom and saved everyone. She listened in mute wonder, her perspective on aliens and experiments changing ever so slightly.

"So, to sum it up, Shadow is basically a walking government conspiracy," he concluded. She stared wide-eyed at him then turned to face the village. She couldn't wait to see Shadow again.