New Form, New Habits (Sequel to Do You Believe in Magic?)

Shadow groaned and very slowly opened his eyes. He blinked groggily for a few moments, trying to rub away the sudden sleep from his heavy eyelids and clear the fuzzy feeling in his head. His back ached for some reason, but he couldn't quite remember why.

      "Shadow? Are you awake?" someone asked. It took him a minute to realize it was Sonic. They were in Tails lab, but how they got there was still a mystery to him. He sat up from his sprawled position and rubbed his eyes, feeling nauseated. But something didn't look right.

    "Faker?" he slurred, "When did you get so tall?"

  Sonic looked to the side anxiously, not knowing what to say other than the truth, "Well, I didn't exactly get taller."

      Shadow's eyes widened ever so slightly and his ear flicked, "What?" he breathed slowly. That's when he noticed two things. That he was sitting on top of the fox's work table. And he briefly sensed movement behind him. He looked over his shoulder to find two pairs of twitching, gossamer dragonfly wings extending from his back.

                  "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!"

Sonic's POV

     I have never seen Shads freak out before, and I would have been laughing if not for how scared I knew he was. I had woken up a few minutes before he did. That weird bear wizard dude having teleported us back to me and Tails' place. While he had been asleep, I had seen the whole transformation take place. It was hard to watch his body shrink smaller and smaller, and to see two sets of wings slowly unfold from his back and grow a couple of inches in length. It was painful to see, and it reminded me of when I had once turned into a werehog. He was only about six inches tall, and every bit of it absolutely scared senseless. He was pacing back forth, staring down at his shoes. His tiny eyes widened even more, if that was possible.

     "My skates! He wrecked my skates!" he exclaimed, his voice sounding a lot like a wind chime on a blistery day. I looked a little closer to see that the toe end of his hoverskates was pointing upward instead of remaining flat, like some sort of fairy's shoe. I looked back at his face and noticed that his ears had a slight pointed curve. His wings kept fluttering anxiously with his mood.

     "That. That. That creep! He turned me into a-a-a PIXIE! I'm gonna kill him!" he roared, shaking his fists angrily. He looked up at me and glared, pointing his tiny finger at my face, "I blame YOU for this," he growled.

               "Me? What did I have to do with this?"

    He got the hang of his new wings almost instantly and flew up to my face and poked my nose. It seems his transformation had a side effect on his behavior. He seemed a little more high strung than usual. He kept buzzing around me like an angry hornet.

     "It was your idea to race. And it was your idea to check out that run down shack. And--"

    "Ok! Ok! I get it," I interrupted with my hands up in defense, while trying to wave him away from my ear, "I'm sorry about all of this, but if I remember what that old guy said right, he said that you'll be stuck like this for only two weeks," I tried to reassure him. He hovered in front of me, his whole tiny form shaking.

                    "T-two weeks? Like this?"

    Did he just stutter?! This whole pixie business must have really shook him up. I've never seen him so scared. I nodded. The next thing I knew, I was catching a fainted Shads in one of my hands. He got up a couple of seconds later and stood shakily. He's definitely a lot more dramatic than I recall.

      "I don't feel so good...," he mumbled and held his stomach like he was about to throw up.

Third Person POV