Strange Sight (Sequel to He's a What!?)

A Shadicks Story (Part 2)

Title based off of "Strange Sight" from Legend of the Neverbeast, a Disney movie.

The next day, Sticks set out to hunt for Shadow. He was difficult to find, that was for sure, unless you knew where to look. She knew that he liked to go on runs, one of the only things he had in common with Sonic, and he preferred to race through the canyons or jungle. Or he would simply watch the ocean from a cliff face. But no one had any clue about specific places that he visited. So she decided to go to where he's been sighted before. First, she checked the canyons. Nothing. Next, the cliffs facing the sea. Nada.

It was early afternoon, and she was exhausted. She hadn't packed a lunch, and her stomach grumbled loudly.

"Hold on," she told it, "I'll grab a quick snack and then keep looking for him. If I can't find him before sunset, I'll go home," she told herself, "Unless he's been abducted by his warlord father seeking revenge!" she gasped, "Oh wait, Sonic said he killed him. Nevermind." She began to forage for food, when suddenly another thought struck her, "Or did he? No body was ever recovered. Maybe he survived and found him! Wait..., I saw him yesterday, and if there were aliens around, the coconuts would've told me. They would be the first to know, after the toasters, of course, they're always tuned in to extraterrestrial radio frequencies," she rambled to herself. She found a berry bush and reached for a cluster of red berries, when a white, black, and red glove accidently brushed her hand.

Meanwhile...

"Has anyone seen Sticks lately?" Amy asked worriedly, like any good friend would. The boys shrugged. They were on the beach in front of Sonic's shack. Knuckles was weight-lifting, while Sonic and Tails were playing a game of volleyball. They paused their game and thought about it.

"She's probably out foraging or something," the azure hedgehog said nonchalantly. Tails rubbed his chin as he thought.

"You know, she might be hunting for Shadow."

"What?!" Amy gasped, worried for her feral friend, "Why on Mobius would she be doing that?"

"Well," Tails scratched his ear, avoiding eye contact, "Sonic did kinda tell her that he was a living government alien conspiracy."

She glared at the blue hero angrily, tempted to pull out her Piko Piko Hammer. "You told a paranoid and obviously wild badger that believes everything that pops into her head that the most dangerous being on the island was a genetically engineered expirement?"

"When you put it that way...," he chuckled nervously. Knuckles laughed.

"This should be fun. I wonder who would win. Shadow or Sticks."

"This is not funny, Knuckles," she reprimanded, "She could be in serious trouble!"

"I guess you're right," Sonic agreed, "We better go look for her."

Team Sonic set off across the island to find Sticks, believing her to be in mortal peril. But let's just say that she wasn't the one in danger.

In the Jungle

Sticks gasped and retracted her hand. She looked through the other side of the bush to find a pair of familiar red eyes staring back at her in equal surprise. She smiled and tackled him.

"Oof! Get off, you wild nuisance!" Shadow grumbled and tried to pry her off without any luck. He landed on his back and couldn't get up with the extra weight on top of him.

"I finally found you, my spicy cinnamon licorice roll," she cheered and nuzzled her face in his chest. He raised an eyebrow and tried with little success to detach himself from her.